on 21 July 2016
I have now owned these headphones for 1 1/2 years and they are still going strong. I use them everyday for at least 3 hours and I can safely say they are very reliable and very much worth the price. I find them very comfortable and good for watching videos and gaming. They do lack a bit of bass and can be quiet at times but overall the sound quality is very good. I by no means look after them either, I have dropped them and tripped over them numerous times but they keep going. The ear pads are still comfortable and the cable is a good length and has lasted perfectly fine (unlike previous more expensive gaming headphones I have owned). Very happy with how well built they are and would definitely buy another pair.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 December 2017
PACKAGE CONTENTS: Panasonic RP-HT225E-K Stereo Headphones (Black)

FIRST IMPRESSION: The headphones arrived securely packaged. This product is well-built and feels hard-wearing.

USAGE: These headphones are surprisingly lightweight for its size! The adjustable wide headband fits comfortably over the head without any tension. The large foam ear pads are equally snug as they completely cover the ears. The sound quality of the headphones is much better than I would have expected for the budget price. I was pleasantly surprised that it has noise isolating capabilities, although this was not mentioned in the product description! Another bonus in buying this product is its 3-metre cord; this easily extends from my sofa to my TV.

CONCLUSION: The Panasonic HT225 is the best value for money headphones I have EVER purchased. I highly recommend it.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 30 November 2016
I've been using these for probably a year or so now, since my Sony "on-ear" headphones were making my ears hurt (glasses wearer). I was a bit skeptical as they were so cheap, but decided to go for it because of the other positive reviews.

The sound quality is great. With them being closed back there is very little 'leakage' which is important for me as i use them in an open plan office. The cable is a good length, easy to route it past objects on my desk, and not rip it out of the socket if i forget about them and stand up!

They are undeniably not the prettiest of headphones. The swath of grey plastic is.... dated maybe? But they are very comfortable and I can wear them for hours without discomfort. The one thing I've had to tinker with is that they're designed for someone with a bigger head than me! I solved that problem though - it turns out that the cheap wraparound velcro pads you get for car seatbets fits perfectly around the headband and provides enough padding that they fit very well.

I'd buy another set if anything ever happens to these ones, which I guess says it all.
on 19 November 2017
Much prefer over-head phones than those daft on-ear type.

Bought these just for use on tablets, and, they seem decent enough for this purpose. Whether sound is good for Hi-Fi's and more demanding items though I simply cannot say.

Nice long lead, plus the connector should anyone require such things.
on 19 July 2016
Already owned a pair of these. Unfortunately one of the ears stopped working. Didn't even hesitate to order the same ones again and thankfully found them on here. Delivered promptly in good packaging. The long cable is great for me as I often wander around my office with my headphones in looking at charts/calendars on the wall that I need info from. Also very good noise cancelling, can totally focus on what I am doing rather than getting distracted by colleagues inane chatter when we all work in the same room. Also helpful when I am in my own office with the door open, as I can take them off, or uncover 1, if someone needs me and comes to my door. other than that I don't need to hear a thing.
Definitely recommend.
on 3 May 2016
For the price, the build quality is very good. They're lightweight and comfortable, the cable is long and features a volume control. They're not magic though, and anyone who has ever used a decent pair of cans will immediately notice that sound reproduction is nothing to write home about.
They're good for monitoring sound while making video recordings in noisy environments because the ear cups help to shield external sound and while the sound quality isn't brilliant, it's fine for that purpose. Moreover you won't be too upset if you drop them!
My main problem with them is that adjustment is limited and the cans don't angle upwards enough. It meant that I had to pad the top bar with some foam to get the ear cups to seal around the bottom of my ears.
At this price though, no complaints!
on 2 December 2016
I thought these headphones would be large enough to fit entirely over my ear, but they're still squeezing the top and bottom and the cushioning doesn't help at all. The sound quality is also terrible, as I have to turn up the volume all the way in order to hear anything. I heard these were 'classic' and a best buy but I'm extremely disappointed.
on 30 January 2018
I couldnt use these on my tv as they were too tight (no comment on big heads please as I don't have one - rather small actually) however my husband took them on as he doesn't suffer headaches like I do and he finds them great as they have a little wheel on the cord which alters the volume - that's a brilliant feature. I wish they had been loser as I missed out and ended up with his tatty old ones.

delivered very quickly.
on 5 April 2015
After all the rave reviews on here, I was expecting rather more of these headphones. I've given them two stars because in terms of comfort and build quality, they seem good. But the sound (and that is why we buy headphones, right?), the sound is horribly tonally coloured.

The bass reproduction is full blooded, if not very articulate... it's pretty boomy, in other words. The top end is very nice... cymbals etc. are well represented. But it's the mid-range that is the real problem; it is so tonally coloured. How can I explain this? It's like the difference between listening on AM and listening on FM. Or listening to hold music on the phone. Or those 1930s pastiches when somebody sings through a megaphone. Not good.

Yeah, yeah, you say; what did I expect for eleven quid? Well, I'm not sure, to be honest. Maybe this is par for the course? However I also bought a second pair of Sennheiser HD201 phones, which for £18 are miraculous by comparison. So unless you are on the tightest of budgets, I'd recommend you spend the extra seven quid.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 December 2016
Whilst I must admit I have been a Panasonic fan for many years, these actually replaced a pair of faulty Sony Headphones that decided to become mono only - i.e. the LHS failed due to a loose connection. Frustrated I bought these on a whim! I must say, I am no audiophile but the difference between the Panasonic Headphones and my damaged Sony's was night and day! After an hour or 2 of listening these were far better and I was hearing noises in my music and movies that was driving me to distraction - but in a good way. The quality was fantastic! I listen to FLAC music files mainly to preserve the 'lossless' quality but even on my mp3s the difference I would say is noticeable. These headphones and the Seller are both Highly Recommended!