Panasonic HX-WA10 Dual Camera, Full HD MP4 Vertical Camcorder - Black (16MP, 3M Waterproof, 12x Intelligent Zoom, 5X Optical Zoom, EIS, SD Card Recording, Face Recognition) 3-inch LCD
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 3-Meter Waterproof
- Bright and Stunning Full-HD Video Shooting with BSI Sensor
- 16-Megapixel Still Image Recording
- 12x Advanced Zoom for Video Shooting
- Always Optimal Settings with iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
- A stylish, Easy-to-hold Vertical Design
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Colour Name: Black
HX-WA10 Versatile HD Camcorder
Panasonic presents a new camera concept: one camera does it all – high-resolution still photos and HD video. You simply decide with a push of a button. The new HX-WA10, HX-DC1 and HX-DC10 are the first new mobile cameras from Panasonic. They capture up to 16-megapixel still photos and Full HD movies. But what makes this new camera concept really outstanding is its vertical design with the highly flexible monitor that allows you to shoot excellent photos and steady videos with a natural position of your wrist and hand, avoiding strain and shaking. The optical zoom lenses and easy compatibility with several applications make these innovative models an excellent choice for an all-round camera.
Waterproof to depths up to 3 metres
The new Panasonic HX-WA10 may be one of the most versatile cameras available: it not only combines photo and video shooting in a new way and quality level, it will also follows you almost wherever you want. The camera is waterproof to depths up to 3 metres. Take it with you on your next snorkling trip or just continue shooting while being caught in the summer rain. And there is no need to keep it away from the sand while filming on the beach.
16-megapixel still images
The 16-mega pixel resolution with the HX-WA10 lets you record beautiful, detailed images that are suitable for big prints. Thanks to the dedicated ‘still’ and ‘movie’ buttons, you can even shoot still photos while recording a movie.
Night View Mode (BSI Sensor)
The newly developed BSI Sensor with Night View Mode will make you hold on to your new camera 24/7. Even in poorly lit situations, indoors or at parties, the new HD Mobile Cameras will deliver bright, colourful video.
12x Advanced Zoom
The Advanced Zoom function from Panasonic expands the zoom range of the 5x optical zoom to 12x at a Full HD video resolution of 1080/30p. With this function, you can catch even more great opportunities without compromising video quality. The intelligent scene selector analyses the shooting situation and automatically switches the camera to a suitable scene mode. Face detection automatically senses the ambient lighting and adjusts the exposure so faces are bright and easy to see. The E.I.S. (Electrical Image Stabilizer) System helps to correct blurring caused by hand-shake. Note: certain functions included in iA may not be applied when conditions do not call for them.
Easy Web Uploading
It is a snap – upload your movies onto YouTube™, Facebook™ or anywhere you want. The HX-WA10 comes with HD Writer software so you can instantly share your movies with the world.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) The image quality in full HD is superb and I am especially pleased with the transition from under water to above water. There is no curtain of water running down the lens as I expected, which might otherwise ruin the image. In fact the quality reminds me of one of those wildlife programs you see on TV where they follow divers in and out of the sea.
2) Ergonomically, the unit is excellent to hold and fits in the palm of your hand. It's a natural fit as well, meaning that you do not cramp over time. For distance recording, you learn not to depend on the screen to view the subject; just point and record. For close-ups, the screen is essential.
3) The recorded sound quality is excellent during playback. I've not recorded in high winds yet, so have no idea how it will fare. Assume that there will be interference.
4) There was a slight weeping of water when taken to 1m, but this was easily dried post recording and did not damage the unit. The waterproofing is a silicone rubber pad underneath each entry point lid, with a raised ring which acts as a seal. I'm unsure whether the weep was a result of me opening these lids and transferring droplets of water or whether they actually breached the seal. However, no damage done.
5) The menu options are really easy to use. If you own a mobile telephone or an automatic camera, then you should get the hang of it in no time.
6) Transferring imagery to your PC/Mac from the SD Card is really easy. I can't believe that I used to use mini DV tapes.Read more ›
I've owned this for over a year, and here's my review.
Waterproof: definitely, yes. I've used it at the base of both Iguazu Falls and Niagara Falls, getting completely sprayed with water and it's flawless. I've used it underwater and it was terrific.
Ease of use: yes. Easy to use as a camcorder, though I sometimes find myself move the screen when I really need to move the camera. Easy to use as a camera as well, though it seems to take a few too many seconds to capture the picture.
I bought this twice because it is so light and small that I managed to leave it in the pocket of my robe on a cruise ship & assumed that it was gone for good. So, I bought a replacement. Then, the cruise company found it in the laundry room, in perfect working condition, and shipped the original to me. So, I now have 2.
I suppose if I was completely honest, I miss having a photo camera that is a traditional camera shape. But, that's not a flaw in the Panasonic HX-WA10, that's my own issue.
Performance is impressive. Quality of the recorded image is excellent and the software supplied makes it easy to download the recorded files to my PC. Check that your PC meets the minimum requirements however especially if you intend to record and edit in full HD. Note however that it does not allow you to transfer the files to Blu-Ray disc. The file conversion for HD footage is AVCHD only. The level of sound is also very good with the built in microphone. It picked up much more detail than I expected it to.
Be prepared to buy a large memory card. Most people will want to capture full HD footage. The maximum size card that it will currently accept is an SDXC 64GB. This will allow you to record up to about 7 hours in full HD (a lot more if you record at a lower resolution). The cheapest I have seen that sort of card currently selling for is about £75.
Quite easy to use although you need a fairly steady hand. It has an automatic image stabiliser but I still noticed a bit of camera shake. I guess that the position of your hand using a 'pistol grip' just takes a bit of getted used to rather than the position of using a traditional camcorder. Controls are easy to get to grips with and the various settings are quick to learn and navigate. One minor issue that I have is that the zoom only works at one speed which is fairly fast.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy to use, very nicely designed, and the waterproof feature means i am not worried when filming my family at water park.Published 19 months ago by Edward
I bought this camera for my father for Christmas last year, He loves it and he is still using it.
My dad is one of those who loves to video everything, it doesn't... Read more
this is a top camera, great quality stills as well as videos and works well under water. simple to use and light weight.Published on 1 Oct. 2013 by michael jeeves
I purchased this camcorder just over a year ago. I am not a professional and only wanted something simple to use on holidays. Read morePublished on 15 Aug. 2013 by Made in Wales
I had been looking at this camera for a while and was a bit sceptical about the price! I thought that as it was so cheap there must've been a catch. Read morePublished on 18 April 2013 by Mr J
Took this on holiday with me, had it with me all the time, its almost like a mobile can be put in to your pocket or held in hand. Read morePublished on 9 Feb. 2013 by Mr.S
You could leave it under the sea during around min and it still works properly !! Even some chocs (rocks in the ocean or waterfall), really good quality of pictures and films !! Read morePublished on 2 Feb. 2013 by Sandy
I ordered this item because I am going to South Africa on holiday and to a wedding. I considered it to be good value for money and I live in the Channel Islands where VAT is not... Read morePublished on 29 Jan. 2013 by Mrs V A Newman