on 18 February 2015
My HDD failed on my old camcorder so I bought this because of the reviews and boy I wasn't disappointed. Im used to the company's shall we say over stating some of the ability's of their products and when I saw the image for the zoom I laughed and thought i'll see about that !
Well I certainly did see,its amazing. 90x zoom ( optical ) up to 3000x (yes it is a little overboard) but I found even up to 150x its still pretty damn good quality and I wouldn't go over 350x as you really do see the 'grain'. Great camcoder easy to use hooks up fine to pc with included usb lead. I don't really use it to take pictures (I have a better camera for that sort of thing). I was hoping with its wifi it might hook up to the pc wireless but it does not (shame) over than that an awesome little camcorder.
(edit) Excuse me for being stupid.The camcorder DOES hook up wireless to pc i was using the wrong dongle.
on 17 June 2014
Should be a 5 star recommendation, but the spare batteries are silly prices (£50 for the standard and € 92 for the larger version). Battery price is the only reason not to buy a Panasonic camcorder. The camcorder itself exceeded my expectations, recording quality is great, it is very compact and simple to use. HDMI is easy to connect to TV or laptop, The hybrid image stabilisation thingy works really well when recording while walking and driving across rough terrain. The zoom.is brilliant. I bought 2 Transcend 95MB/sec SDXC memory cards @ £30 each from another memory site in UK - no issue with them so far recording in HD. If the batteries drop to a realistic price, it would be a 5 star piece of kit.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2014
Have only just received this camcorder, but so far I have found it easy to set up and the first trial videos have been of a good quality.
On extreme telephoto zoom it is true you have to a really steady hand or tripod, but as this is the main reason I purchased this particular model I am more than happy to persevere and practice standing still with support rather than walking when utilising the maximum zoom.
Because I purchased through Amazon I am entitled to a two year extended warranty (hope I do not need it) and also a £50.00 cashback which is going to pay for a spare battery and SD card, this making the high end price much more acceptable.
on 16 June 2014
Great camcorder software to transfer to dvd easy very easy to use. Very good zoom a pleasure to use recommend
on 13 March 2015
Bought this to replace an older Canon tape-based machine, and it is apparent how technology has moved on. Easy to use, although the touchscreen interface is a little fiddly and ends up with a LOT of fingermarks, very small and light. Unfortunately no provision for an external microphone, but this is made clear in the descriptions, the picture quality is very good and when used indoors the sound is adequate. Suffers from wind noise outdoors, but all camcorders I have used have this problem. The anti-shake facility is very good, evening out the usual judders caused by walking whilst recording. Using a 64Gb card gives over 5 hours of space, and the battery lasts around 90 minutes. Despite what it implies in the manual, I cannot get the camera to charge via the USB port, leading to an embarrassingly video-free weekend away.... so now I know I have to take along the supplied charging lead which plugs into the dedicated charging socket. Came packaged with a pan-tilt accessory which I doubt I will ever use, so that will get sold, making this a pretty cheap camera overall.
on 6 August 2015
top camcorder, so easy to link up with wifi, cradle is motion sensing so it can track your movements itself ...but this is only if you dont make a sudden movement (for me this was more of a novelty factor but my son thinks it the best ever) the most outstanding feature is the video quality! still picures are good as long as your in picture setting, if you take a still from recording its reduce to two megapixel instead of ten/seven( oh when you record in 4:3 bit widescreen megapixel for camera is reduced to about seven megapixels
on 16 January 2015
The camcorder may be full HD in terms of resolution, but it seems to record very little detail - the images it produces are very washed out, with faces appearing as though everyone has been having Botox. Also, if using the supplied pan & tilt, the recording is jittery when panning and tilting. When using an Android tablet for remote control, there is a substantial lag between the action being recorded and the image being updated on the tablet - and the audio lag is substantially worse; this makes it difficult to track the action by remotely controlling the camera + cradle, which is presumably the whole point of this combination.
on 19 June 2015
This is my first video camera and it is everything that I need. The image stabilisation is fantastic, the zoom is very sensitive which takes some getting used to and it produces some excellent videos. I was most impressed with the sound. I recorded at a family wedding with a live band and the sound quality was brilliant. If you're looking for a good all-rounder this is the camera for you
on 7 March 2014
i did a lot of research comparing all the new panasonic models and chose this due to the incredible 90x zoom ( 90x magnification) with that i can see a plane about to land at stansted london from balsham cambridgeshire !! and i have the videos to prove it on youtube.com/user/chainsore 3inch screen good, very light as no hard drive, 2.5 hr battery supplied is ok but get a 4.5 hr battery if out all day theyre around £88 see my video review of this camcorder via my most popular videos via my youtube account. getsandisk extreme sdxc class 10 memory cards which are about £33 now for it and again i can fill 1 of those if out filming for a day so get a couple, also get a warranty ive broken my last 2 camcorders after about 3yrs use.1 drop and u can knacker them. so why no 5 stars well seller didnt say i was getting pan tilt thing..i didnt want it but i got it i paid £430 for this in march, also its not as easy to hold as my older panasonic due to no harddrive on side to grip onto ! the ois optical image stabalisation is exellent if your not too zoomed in, but if zoomed in 90x eg on moon its impossible to get a steady video even if you have the worlds most steady hands..you need a tripod, 1080p 50fps frames per second is noticably better than 1080p 25fps of my old camcorder , it looks like broadcast quality when u plug it into full hdtv, if u have panasonic tv u can use tv remote to play the videos. not tried the app for it or the pan tilt thing. also wind noise is a problem as no external mic can be plugged in..i hate wind noise when filming outdoors..panasonic need to fix that. for the money this is exellent and as its so small i can film from home windows that open out leaving small gap. i have hundreds of videos recorded on it online already so check out what it can do on youtube dot com / user / chainsore thanks
on 2 December 2014
There are better camcorders out there but nothing as good value as this. The length and quality of the zoom alone make it a winner but other features such as the wi-fi app top it off. Small enough to keep in a jacket pocket. Anti-shake system is the best out there as far as I am concerned (in this price range).