- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7KEB-S Compact System Camera with 180 Degree Tiltable Monitor for Selfie (16 MP, Digital Live MOS Sensor)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 180 Tiltable Monitor for Selfie with Face Shutter & Buddy Shutter
- 16.00 MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- Built-in WiFi with Easy Connection
- 1920 x 1080p Full HD Video
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Panasonic DC-GX800KEBT Lumix G Compact System Camera - Tan (12-32 mm Lens, 4K Video and Photo)
Panasonic Lumix Camera DMC-GX80KEBK, Mirrorless 4K Digital Camera - Black
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Compact System Camera - 14-42 EZ Lens, Silver
Fujifilm X-A20 (Silver) with Silver XC 15-45 lens
Panasonic DMC-G7MEB-K Lumix G 4K Compact System Camera
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||ATMart||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Battery Cell Composition||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion|
|Display Size||3 inches||—||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||—|
|Effective Still Resolution||16||16 megapixels||16 megapixels||16 megapixels||16.3 megapixels||16 megapixels|
|Has Image Stabilization||No||—||—||Yes||—||—|
|Item Dimensions||3.81 x 11.1 x 6.4 cm||3.3 x 10.7 x 6.5 cm||4.29 x 12.19 x 7.01 cm||4.67 x 11.95 x 8.31 cm||4 x 11.6 x 6.7 cm||7.7 x 12.5 x 8.6 cm|
|Item Weight||—||336 grams||—||342 grams||—||0.61 kg|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2 Watt Hours||2 Watt Hours||2 Watt Hours||7.8 Watt Hours||7.2 Watt Hours||2 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment|
|Max Focal Length||—||32||—||42 mm||—||60 mm|
|Min Focal Length||—||12||—||14 mm||—||—|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16.84 megapixels||16.84 megapixels||16 megapixels||16.1 megapixels||16.3 megapixels||16.84 megapixels|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital Card||—||—||Secure Digital Card; Secure Digital Card||—||—|
Colour Name: black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Ultimate in Ease of Use for Any Photographer. eginner Friendly Features. The LUMIX GF7 delivers stress free shooting. Pinpoint a subject with a touch of the screen and let the camera determine the correct focus and exposure, or tap it to take a photo. Optimised settings including three new recording modes and a Scene Guide provide the best results. If a recording setting is changed accidentally, pressing a new Rec. Setting Reset button will restore the camera to its factory settings.
USB Connection Cable
From the manufacturer
Compact, Stylish Design to Match Any Occasion
Dramatically downsized compared with previous models, the LUMIX GF7 features a sleek and elegant profile with a better design. Offering a high level of mobility and operability for daily use, it still cleverly manages to include a built-in flash. And, whether you’re shooting in the city or enjoying the countryside, the camera’s fashionable colours are a good complement, regardless of gender.
180 Degree Tiltable Monitor is as Flexible as You Are
Dynamic, artistic low-angle shots are easily achievable thanks to a monitor that tilts approximately 180 Degree. External reflections are suppressed by the In Cell Touch LCD, which, together with a high resolution of approximately 1,040k dots and precise colour reproduction, provides better visibility under bright conditions. In addition, the bright LCD provides a consistent wide angle of view while reducing power consumption.
Optimum Results Every Time via Scene Guides
The LUMIX GF7’s mode dial provides convenient fast access to three frequently used options in Portrait, Child and Scenery, so each is ready when you need them. In combination with the camera’s Scene Guides, there are 23 pre-optimised presets in all. Simply select the one that most closely matches your shooting scenario and let the camera automatically select the ideal settings to deliver the better result.
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
The iA mode is your virtual assistant, letting you create beautiful pictures when pointing and shooting. The iA Plus mode meanwhile allows the photographer to tweak exposure, white balance and defocus background areas.
Buddy Shutter/ Face Shutter
Introducing two new means for simpler selfies. Buddy Shutter mode works when two people bring their faces closer together; Face Shutter mode is activated merely by covering your face with a waving hand.
Now Beauty Really is More Than Skin Deep
Shooting up close and personal to anyone can sometimes produce unflattering results. However the LUMIX GF7 cleverly offers up a triple whammy of beautifying functions – all combining to deliver more attractive selfies.
12-32 mm Kit Lens with 24 mm Wide-angle Capability
When combined with the LUMIX GF7 camera body, the 12-32 mm Kit Lens proves itself better for capturing selfies with groups of friends. At its widest 24 mm equivalent setting the lens angle of view is approximately 136 per cent larger than that of a 28 mm lens*.
* 35mm camera equivalent.
A Better Performance Free From Compromise
The LUMIX GF7’s major appeal is its better of both worlds blend of compact camera profile yet big imaging performance. A large 16 megapixels Digital Live Mos Sensor offers high resolution and high sensitivity picture recording with less image noise. Working in conjunction with the Venus Engine, clear, smooth nighttime images are consistently achievable, even up and including the maximum ISO25600 setting.
Fast and Accurate AF
The Contrast AF system of the LUMIX GF7 is fast yet accurate, exchanging digital signals between camera and lens at a maximum 240 fps. Also offered are high-speed burst shooting at 5.8 fps at 16 megapixels plus a maximum 40 fps with electronic shutter.
Via a wide variety of filter effects, Creative Control adds artistic expression to photos and videos. Creative Panorama function allows you to create dynamic vertical/ horizontal panoramic photos just by panning the camera.
1920 x 1080p Full-HD Video in AVCHD/ MP4
For shooting video, the LUMIX GF7 allows you to be as expressive as you want. The camera boasts Full HD 1920x1080 60p (for NTSC area)/ 50p (for PAL area) high quality recording in AVCHD Progressive and MP4 formats with stereo sound, ensuring smooth results. Full time AF and AF tracking is as accessible in video mode as it is in stills mode. Plus there is 24p video with maximum 24 MB/sec bit rate for those wanting a better cinema look.
Easy Wi-Fi Connection to Smartphone
Connecting the camera to any smartphone/ tablet is quick and easy with a press of the Fn1/Wi-Fi* button or by reading the QR code. Keeping things simple, even the password input can be skipped. Upon activating the Panasonic Image App a guide menu is displayed for ease of use, ensuring that it is quicker than ever to share an image.
Related items to consider
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Suffice to say that the camera is feature packed and it is comparable to the other GF and GX cameras (it really excels with the x Vario and the 20mm pancake), so that's awesome.
- The lens that it comes with will definitely get you by and is surprisingly good, I wasn't intending on keeping it on the camera but for a kit lens it's impressive.
- The wifi works great with the phone app and can be easily switched on and off.
- It is an attractive camera.
- The "Selfie" screen is actually really useful for when you've set the camera onto a tripod (we went to Santorini and took lots of tester shots), or when you're trying to photograph something from the hip.
- Screen is vibrant.
- I dropped it from 6 feet and although the case has come away a little it still works perfectly well and did not crack the plastic (currently in repair).
- Touchscreen is very responsive, I never had any trouble presetting and finding any option that I needed.
- Video quality is excellent.
- Feels solid, but very plasticy, and if you look closely it doesn't look all that well put-together.
- On and off switch is flimsy
- Selfie screen should have had a swivel on it - why panasonic haven't done this yet I can't understand.
- The camera will not actually shoot until you manually turn the lens until it is extended.
- Battery life is horrendous! I got about 2-3 hours walking around santorini with it shooting, having it set up, using the wireless wifi shooting. I have a second battery which resolved things somewhat, but having the tripod mount screwed on, and then having to unscrew that to replace the battery so soon is just fiddley.
- The pro lenses work great with the camera as you'd expect, but the camera seemed a little too unstable (physically) with the heavier lens on. It is made for all micro 4/3 lenses but it really just didn't feel right when shooting.
- No dedicated iso button
- Even after 2 weeks of use I could see the silver paint on the plastic starting to ware.
- Indoors this camera is fine, but WOW, it was a real challenge taking shots without an EVF.
- Live view for manual shooting is embedded in the setting and cannot be added to an Fn button which is insanely annoying.
- Really expensive repair costs, and long timescales - 3 of the plastic parts need replacing on mine (only body parts, nothing internal) and the cost is £50 labour £90 parts, postage is around £8 and then VAT on top of that.
The camera is currently in repair and I have to admit that it just wasn't the camera for me. Sure, it takes excellent photo's with the premium lenses, but I've actually just purchased the GX7 instead, and that seems to solve all of the problems I had when shooting with the GF7.
The size really enticed me and it impressed me with the image quality but the trade-offs just were not worth it.
The selfie screen is ridiculous because the weight of the camera on top of a fully extended selfie stick would be too much (it is light to hold, but at an extent; gravity, you know?), and at arm's length it just cannot get you in properly since it's awkward to press the shutter button and hold as something to take a selfie on - using a selfie stick or even taking selfies in general are just something that I don't do. I imagine that someone in the panasonic design offices in their 40's who thinks that they're still cool, bulldozed this idea through.
The camera is for someone who wants something much better than their standard digi/phone cam, but if you're an enthusiast and you want a premium space-saving camera setup, deal with the extra size and get the GX7, it's cheaper now and hopefully panny will get it right with the GX9/GF8 in a couple of years from now.
I think I've listed everything that you'd need to make a decision on this camera. Hope this helped.