on 21 June 2015
A superb camera for amateur use. Not compact by any means, about the size of a DSLR, but with a 16x zoom, there is no need to carry several lenses as well as the camera. Photos are generally pin sharp, even when taking a quick impromptu one. Focusing has several options from spot to multi-point and about everything between.
The built in flash is not brilliant (no pun intended) but useful for indoor shots when you have forgotten your main flash unit. There are a selection of buttons on the camera, some of which are programmable to your preferences. I did find that I sometimes accidentally pressed the ones on the rear of the camera, particularly when I was putting away/taking out the camera from my camera bag.
The special effects are interesting although probably frowned upon by a purist. I found experimenting with them was fun anyway.
The main dials operate the functions (intelligent auto, program, aperture priority, shutter priority, manual, 2 setting for entering your own options, artistic mode, scene choice, movies, you get the idea). Another dial does the normal photo, burst (variable rate up to 50fps), EV bracket (adjustable), time delay (adjustable).
Add on a stabilizer, time lapse, face recognition, red eye removal and a few hundred other options and you have a camera that will keep you busy for years if you want to play.
Look up the details on Panasonic's web page or, better still, download a copy of the basic operating instructions (basic???, it's 95 pages long!) if you want to know everything about this camera.
on 3 June 2017
Thrilled with this camera. Have had the FZ200 for 3 years and wanted to upgrade, looked at the Sony equivalent as I wanted more zoom for wildlife but decided to stick with Panasonic as the clarity is so good. Not disappointed, early days but know I am going to love it, brilliant results so far.
on 26 April 2017
Exactly what I wanted. A wonderfully clear view through the viewfinder, and automatic switch between screen and viewfinder adds to ease of use. In fact, the whole layout is quickly adapted to and easier and speedier than my previous, Fuji Finepix, bridge camera. After just a few days owning it, I've already mastered some difficult shots that I could never achieve before. I love this camera.
on 12 April 2016
I sold my Panasonic G5 and lenses to buy this bridge camera and have no regrets. Fantastic motorised single lens zoom with 4K video. As technically sophisticated as any serious amateur/ semi-professional could wish for, while retaining simple 'intelligent' mode where the camera works out everything for you. So far I have obtained some stunning still results, easily on a par with the G5 but infinitely easier to create.

One major plus is the on-line manual that is well written and importantly fully 'searchable'. I real boon when you are finding your way round the technical bits. If you are considering this as a possibility, read the magazine reviews and then go for it!
on 9 May 2016
Love this versatile camera for travel. Big zoom, wide lens and no need to carry extra lenses.
Only weird quirk is: I like to turn off the camera sound (click!!) but the sound must be turned on to use the panorama feature. All other things about this camera far outweigh that fiddly detail.
Beautiful wide lens depth of color and many features, and auto as well as manual settings.
on 12 September 2016
Wahoo, fabulous camera. I researched and read all the reviews I could and have not been disappointed. Went on holiday to Switzerland and took more photos that you could shake a stick at. Simple to use on iAuto mode, the 4k video is amazing too. I am still learning to use all the other modes but the results so far are amazing. Forget the run of the mill DSLR cameras and interchangeable lenses, this all in one will not disappoint - trust me i'm not a salesman.
on 14 July 2017
Great camera. Much easier to haul about than my old Canon 550 with lens. On holiday it means my wife does less donkey work while I line up the shot I want.
on 28 May 2015
Fantastic camera. A bit bulky but feature packed. Fab picture quality. Much better low level light noise than my FZ200/150.
on 4 June 2015
my best new toy .i love it and quality of photos are so good.features and functions still keep me wanting more.
on 5 June 2015
I order this item from UK to Dubai, since we dont get this model in here.
Item arrived fast, Very resourceful camera with dozens of functionality.
Great for Video, especial 4K, Timelapse and slow motion features are fun and future proof.