on 12 July 2012
I am 14 and I bought these headphones to replace some Urbanears as I found them very uncomfortable. I found these and saw that they were noise cancelling and looked comfortable. When they arrived they arrived very quickly but to the wrong address. When arrived they were well packaged and had no signs of damage. It came with the plane adapter and the warranty with instructions. I am no headphone wiz and I can not tell between the treble and bass but when the noise cancelling was turned of the headphones were able to cope with any added bass or treble and for me have surprisingly good sound quality. The noise cancelling is not bad either, the headphones were tested in a bus with 50 other 14 year old's and an airplane. The noise cancelling takes out a lot of unwanted noise and you could only hear a couple voices around you, but then when you turn the music on as well, you can not hear a thing, the only thing I would say about the noise cancelling is that I would have liked the headphones a bit tighter to stop any gaps between the headphones and your head letting in noise. They were really comfortable headphones although I would have liked the top to have a bit of padding and I liked that they were light weight and the padding is really soft, one criticism with the comfort is that my ears after a couple hours of use start sweating. All in all very good headphones for the price.
on 7 January 2012
These were bought to help cancel cabin noise on very long distance flights. They were tested in over 48 hours of flying. They do not cut out the droning engine noise they reduce it to about 2/3rds of the original. So really for me they were not that good. As headphones they fit over the ear, are quite heavy but comfortable. Sound quality is OK but again you could do better. Would I buy them again- NO.
on 4 December 2013
These are great for the money. I have both BOSE and Sennheiser noise cancelling headsets but left them in the USA at my second home there in PA. I did not want to go to the expense of buying new expensive sets so I thought I would give these a try. The4y are not as good, but what can you expect for less than $35.00. They cut the aircraft noise by a good 70% and I could hear the movies and music without having to set the volume so high that I was deaf when I landed. Do not make the mistake that these totally block out all other noise as with ear buds. They do not! The point is they are not made to. They put a corresponding and opposite frequency to deaden a regular noise like the jet whine on a plane. Conversation and irregular noise will get through as with the BOSE and Sennheiser sets. Great value if you do not want to spend hundreds of dollars. I fully recommend them.
on 17 November 2011
If you are considering buying this...

GOOD POINTS
* Delivered 3 days early
* They are comfy - can wear them for ages
* Look Nice
* Make you feel like you are 'in' the song
* Very loud when u put the volume full
* Cant be heard by people around you (unless you play your music very loud in a silent room)

BAD POINTS
* Noise cancelling doesn't work as much as advertised, when turned on, it only cuts out an additional 20% of background noise (plenty of background noise is cut out by just wearing the headphones without noise cancellation turned on)
* Cable is 2 long, gets tangled. annoying
* Need 1 AAA battery to operate noise cancelling

All points considered, I rate them a 4 (Good)
on 7 June 2012
used these headphones on trip to states, the noise reduction was great, they were good value, easy to wear, cut engine noise to a goodlevel
on 17 December 2011
Used these on a flight to Orlando this year on AA. Noticably quieter than using the normal "in the ear" plugs they give you. Amazing how noisy "cattle class" is on any aircraft! Cut out a lot of noise from the aircraft including screaming kids:o(
Helped to listen to the inflight films and pass the time. Excellent price from the supplier.
on 16 October 2015
Good delivery from seller, product arrived fine
As for the quality, these headphones are poor. Turning the ear cups is very creaky and there is no headband support cushion, just a hard plastic rim. The ear cups themselves are made from quite a hard material so it does not cushion the ears very well and is not very pliable. Sound quality is not very good due to the strange angle of the interior speakers which are only just covered with material, the edges of the speakers are somewhat visible and are set back quite far into the ear cups. The worst thing about these headphones is that the active noise cancelling does not work.... at all. It increases the volume ever so slightly, but turn it on without music playing and nothing really happens. I have had quite a few different ANC headphones and they all worked to a point, some better than others but these, hands down are the poorest and are basically just a pair of uncomfortable, plastic headphones. Would not recommend for Active Noise Cancelling if this is what you are looking for, Jazza or Aero headphones work much better
on 18 April 2014
These are a pair of low to mid-market priced headphones and as such, they are adequate. More so as headphones than for their noise cancelling ability.

The fit is what I would describe as 'snug' - if you have a larger head, these will feel like they pinch and it took me a week or so to get used to the feeling of them being quite tight on my head. In fact I nearly returned them due to this, but decided that there was nothing else on the market in my price range that suited, so stuck with it. I'm glad I did, as they do now feel more comfortable and they don't have any of the slipping or re-positioning common with sit on ear headphones. The build quality is ok, very stiff plastic but the design is a underwhelming (i.e. no cushioning inside the head band so it can feel uncomfortable to wear).

The sound quality is good. I am no expert and have fairly standard requirements (i.e. naturalistic sound) and they are good - a very ordinary balanced sound comes out. However, if you are buying these as noise cancelling headphones I strongly suggest you look elsewhere. I have owned noise cancelling headphones before (a similarly priced Sony pair) and that pair was far, far superior at cancelling noise. With my Sony pair, I could hear when the noise cancelling was turned on, the difference in outside noise was evident and I could hear the 'hiss' of the process. With these, there is really no difference evident at all. Nothing. I would think they weren't working if the red light didn't show/sound cut out for a second when I turned the noise cancelling on. No frequency of sound is noticeably 'reduced' at all.

So if you want some cheaper, cup headphones then these will surfice but keep looking for a reasonably priced noise cancelling pair.
on 18 February 2013
OK, I have suffered the problem too - sat on a transatlantic jet (or a train, or a bus)and you can hear nothing of your music because of the dreadful background racket.

I have just 'road tested' these 'phones on a Gatwick to Florida flight, and you know what? I wouldn't be without them!
For the first time ever, I could listen to the in-flight films and radio in comfort without straining to hear every word and losing the plot.

EFFECTIVENESS. Acoustics is a complex scientific business, and I don't want to go into Hertz frequencies and decibel "A" weighted sound being measured on a logarithmic scale (largely because I am not sure I understand it all myself). What I can say is that subjectively, they cut out (my best guess) about 20-40% of all unwanted background noise. In other words, it took sufficient annoying background racket away that I could hear the film dialogue over the engine noise, but could still hear what the stewardess was offering for lunch.

COST. I am sure that there are better 'phones on the market, but I'm really not up to paying a couple of hundred quid for some Bose 'phones. Besides, I am as likely to sit on a 200 quid pair of phones and wreck them as I am these.

BOTTOM LINE
1 Effective at blocking a substantial amount of background noise
2 Neat and tidy (ear cups swivel for neat stowage)
3 Comfortable (and don't make my ears sweat, nor hurt my delicate inner ear canal like buds do))
4 Outstanding value for money
5 Highly commended
on 1 January 2016
Again, this is a comparison of how much I paid for the product.
Panasonic make some good products, reliable and feature-packed, this is no exception.
Compare this item at £33 with Sennheiser, Bose and Sony, the main producers, and the difference, noticable, though it may be, is minimal at best, so unless you're overly fussy, spending upwards of £150 is not getting you a huge difference.
Tested in aircraft on several flights (70 hours), they certainly made a huge difference to the constant whine that modern aircraft are famous for, eliminating most of it and allowing a restful sleep.
Build Quality: on par with Sennheiser and Bose
After purchasing these, I would not consider paying 5 or more times the price for a replacement. I suppose it depends on your use - all day, every day, may warrant the better makes, but anything else, you'll be disappointed that the expensive items do not eliminate all outside noise!

See one answered question