- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Pluto Press (16 Dec. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0745332285
- ISBN-13: 978-0745332284
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 1 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 147,315 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Palestinians in Israel: Segregation, Discrimination and Democracy Paperback – 16 Dec 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book debunks convincingly and forcefully the myth of Israel being 'the only democracy' in the Middle East. As this book shows, the treatment of the Palestinians in Israel is the ultimate proof that the Jewish State is anything but democratic. (Prof. Ilan Pappe, author of The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine)
Essential reading to understand why there can never be peace unless Palestinian citizens of Israel are granted full equality, something they are systematically denied by Israel's aggressive, and increasingly unrestrained Zionist ethnocracy. (li Abunimah, Co-founder of Electronic Intifada, author of 'One Country' (2007))
Ben White offers a holistic view of the Palestine/Israel problem – then goes beyond it to point towards its only just and hopeful solution. A significant and timely contribution to the political discourse so necessary today. (Ahdaf Soueif, author of Booker Prize-shortlisted The Map of Love)
With surgical precision, a wealth of research and sharp analytical intellect, White astutely exposes the oxymoron inherent in the definition of Israel as a 'Jewish and democratic' state and presents a compelling case for holding Israel accountable for committing the crime of apartheid, as defined by the UN. (Omar Barghouti, human rights activist and author)
It is rare to find a book covering such a complex, crucial topic that states its case so succinctly, yet so comprehensively and eloquently. (Sally Bland, Jordan Times)
About the Author
Ben White is a freelance journalist and writer specialising in Palestine/Israel. He is the author of Israeli Apartheid (Pluto, 2009). His work has appeared in the Guardian online, the New Statesman, and Electronic Intifada. He also writes on the broader Middle East, Islam and Christianity, and the 'war on terror'
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Can Israel be both a democratic and a Jewish state?
Read this book to find the answer.
Thank you Ben and i look forward to more books in future.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
See the author's twitter account to understand the bias behind this book.Published on 16 Sept. 2014 by Christopher Hudson
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel & Palestine > Israel
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel & Palestine > Palestine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism > Civil Rights & Citizenship
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Middle East
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Democracy