- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2909 KB
- Print Length: 44 pages
- Publisher: Orbit (27 Jun. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00D7CGSTK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 40 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #73,980 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Price set by seller.
Paladins of Shannara: The Black Irix (short story) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's been a year since the events in the Skull Kingdom but all is not right with Shea Ohmsford, the half elven heir of Shannara. He's home back in Shady Vale but he's not sleeping, tortured by horrific nightmares of his battle with the enemy. His brother Flick is getting increasingly more and more worried about Shea, to the point that he visits a woodswoman in a bid to ease Shea's suffering. She gives him a potion to give to Shea and Flick in turn gives Shea the potion, hoping and praying that it will help his ailing brother., to a degree it does begin to work until Shea and Flick's old friend Panamon Creel appears in the Vale. Creel had helped Shea during his mission to defeat the Warlock Lord and his assistance proved to be invaluable. Now Creel has a mission of his own and needs Shea's help in retrieving a personal and invaluable artifact but is there more to this mission than meets the eye.
This is a novella is a bit of an oddity as it's the third book in the Paladins series but actually fits into the timeline before the second and just after TSOS. In this case I really think that you need to read this in conjunction with The Sword Of Shannara so that you have a good basic knowledge of the mission Shea and Flick undertake in that book with Creel's help to give you a better understanding of what Creel is asking of them in The Black Irix.
As with the other books in the Paladins of Shannara series, this is another rich and detailed novella of just 40 pages.Read more ›
Read this after Sword of Shannara if you are new to the series
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A good in between short story to put a happy ending to the heroism of the troll giant. I also like th twist at the end.Published 5 days ago by ian lightfoot
I am a huge Terry Brooks fan. This is a great story and easy to read. I really enjoyed this, was great to fill the gap before the next Shannara book was out.Published 3 months ago by blacklily
Short but very sweet - in the true tradition of Shannara. A must read for all fansPublished 10 months ago by Brian Smith
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > TV, Movie, Game Adaptations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > TV, Movie, Game Adaptations