- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Painting and Drawing in Waldorf Schools: Classes 1 to 8 Paperback – 28 Jun 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'A superbly structured manual on drawing and painting in the class teacher years. In over twenty years as a class teacher in Britain and Germany, this is one of the most inspirational and useful books I have come across. I hope that colleagues throughout the world will benefit from its approach.' -- Sven Saar, Freie Waldorfschule Wahlwies, Germany 'It's a wonderful guide to every type of painting and drawing experienced within Waldorf education. Almost every section contains step-by-step guides and thoughtful commentary. The pictures alone are so inspiring. This is the book I had wished for when I started homeschooling...I absolutely adore this book.' -- Schooling from the Heart blog 'Wow! What a book. Thomas Wildgruber has been a class teacher and an art and craft teacher since 1979. This book is his life's work, dedicated to teaching children and teachers about painting and drawing. With over 800 color photographs and covering first grade through eighth, the richness of the 384 pages can be overwhelming. But exciting!' -- Waldorf Today 'A comprehensive guide for teaching painting...This will surely take its place as a fundamental resource'. -- Rudolf Steiner Library, Anthroposophical Society in America 'a great all-in-one resource that would be really helpful!' -- Swizerite blogspot, waldorfcurriculum.com 'This is the book we all have been waiting for!' -- Waldorf Without Walls newsletter
About the Author
Thomas Wildgruber was born in Germany in 1946. He studied philosophy, political science and journalism. He was a research assistant in the field of international development and politics, and subsequently trained as a Waldorf teacher in Mannheim. Since 1979 he has been a Waldorf class teacher, and craft and art teacher. His encounter with the painter Lajos Boros led to efforts to develop art education out of the 'pictorial resources'. He gives courses to teachers on the theme of 'Painting with rules of play'.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Waldorf (Steiner)
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies