on 10 May 2014
Looked at many such lights before deciding on this one (based on reviews) I'm pleased I did, seems well constructed and balanced (with the batteries in) the fact that you can use either battery or mains power is a big plus and the level of brightness is more than I could have hoped for, and the dimmer function to adjust the brightness level is great.
Battery life seems very good (using rechargeables) Why only 4 stars? Well, the magnification could be slightly better but that said, I am getting on now and my eyes aren't what they used to be.
Would I recommend this product - certainly.
on 11 February 2017
This is really good for working on small models (or anything for that matter) with eyes that aren't as good at focusing close up as once they were. In fact it would have been good in the days when I thought I was good at focusing close up. There's a nicely wide 3.9 inch diameter, two times magnification lens with a ring of rheostat controlled leds on a useful flexible stem. It works on batteries or mains (as another reviewer mentioned, without the weight of batteries in the base its tendency to topple at full stretch of the flexible stem will increase, but a small counterweight - anything to hand laid on the base - will fix that). I don't know how I've coped without it before!
on 10 June 2017
Love this because it can also be used on batteries so when I am in the motorhome no need to use the supply. Its great to for my craft work
on 1 August 2017
Very useful lamp pleased with it especially as it can be used with batteries or plug into electricity.
on 22 August 2016
Bought so my grandson could use it for painting model figures for his Star Wars Assault game. He's very happy with it and it gives a nice bright even light.
on 29 March 2017
The magnifying element is ok but the lights don't give an overall light just 24 dots.
on 19 May 2017
Ordered for my daughter to do her cross stitch, she loves it and says it works a treat
on 11 May 2017
Brilliant idea but head is a bit too heavy for the bendy arm and droops in certain positions.
on 24 June 2016
Great Lamp for doing cross stitch, takes the strain off your eyes. Very good for close work.
on 17 May 2017
Marvelous can see brilliantly with this lamp plus it can run on battery as well as mains so you can take anywhere.Just the job.