PURE Siesta DAB/FM Clock Radio - Black
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Digital and FM radio
- Three independent alarms: wake to a tone, digital radio or FM and set different alarm times for weekdays and weekends
- Light sensor automatically adjusts the display brightness to suit the light levels in your room
- Intellitext for on-demand access to stored scrolling text from participating broadcasters
- TextSCAN to pause and control scrolling text
|This product is designed to work with the digital radio standard in the UK only and is supplied with a UK 3-pin plug. The digital radio is not suitable for use outside of the UK. For all warranty claims, the product must be returned to the manufacturer in the UK, at the sender's cost.|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Black
Pure Siesta, DAB/FM Clock Radio
From the world leaders in digital radio comes Siesta, an affordable and stylish way to wake up to the choice and quality of digital radio. Siesta is available in black or white and whatever finish you choose you can be sure it has been custom engineered with the environment in mind.
If you haven't experienced digital radio yet, you're in for a treat. Select stations by name; check out news, results, track titles and more on the scrolling text display; tune at the touch of a button; and listen in crisp, clear digital-quality sound. And there's more listening choice on digital too, in many areas up to twice as many stations as are available on FM.
Siesta is a member of our EcoPlus product family, designed to minimize environmental impact, with standby power consumption of less than 1W, packaging and documentation printed on recycled materials, and careful attention paid to the sustainability of all components.
Siesta boasts a large auto-dimming display, multiple alarms, an easy-to-find snooze button and Pure's Intellitext. It even includes FM with RDS for local stations and radio reception in remote areas.
- 3.5mm stereo headphone socket (headphones mute speaker)
- 16 station presets (8 digital radio and 8 FM)
- Add new features as they become available via USB
Best Buy - The Independent (Extra) -- Best BuySee all Product Description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I recently bought a Pure ONE for the kitchen, which is excellent too. Pure seem to have taken the best bits of their more expensive, wood-cased models, and put them into plastic cases for those of us who want quality but don't want to pay quite so much. You don't get quite the same looks, but the sound from both units is pretty damn good, especially considering they're mono units. They're better with speech, with a nice, warm sound, but they don't disgrace themselves with music either.
The Siesta looks great, though the display is the one thing I'm not completely in love with: the clock is just slightly too small for peering at in the middle of the night, and being a backlit LCD it's less than readable when looking down on the unit from above. The scrolling text display is a bit "jumpy" too, though it can be set to display other things if it annoys you.
There's a headphone socket at back on the top, so if you want to fall asleep to Test Match Special without disturbing anyone else, you can!
Sensitivity seems to have improved a lot since my first DAB radio a couple of years back. Both the Siesta and the ONE pull in everything on the London multiplexes, even in our basement (in the ONE's case even with the aerial down!) at nearly 100% signal quality, whereas my old radio couldn't even do this with the aerial up... in the garden...
I read a review elsewhere from someone complaining that the alarms were tricky to set. The process is a bit "involved" but very logical, and the flipside is that you get a lot of versatility: four alarms, each of which can be daily, weekdays, weekends, Saturday, Sunday or once only to eiteher DAB, FM or the beeper.Read more ›
1st impression was, "It's so small!" [the Siesta was replacing a Multi-band Communications Receiver.] "it's gonna sound tinny"
Needn't have worried, sound is fab from such a little box.
Display is exactly right, I use reading glasses but this is easy to read at night without. Auto-dimming works fine.
3 alarm modes, weekdays[mon-fri],weekends and every day.
Time setting is automatic, from DAB.
The sleep setting is a doddle too, from 15 to 90mins in 15 minute sections.
Here's a clever trick though, if I go to sleep with Gideon Coe on DAB I wake up to Radio4 Today prog! You can asign either DAB or FM on the alarm so you don't have to wake up with same station.
All in all, a great little radio. I love it!
Update. nearly a year on and she's still performing beautifully. Get one for Xmas! And no, I don't work for pure, lol.
The features I really like are:
- It's a DAB! That means nice clear reception for stations like 5-Live which are otherwise available only on MW. You can also listen to a much wider range of stations. It also means that you don't have to set the clock - it does it all automatically.
- Nice clear display. Pure's other clock radio uses their standard 2 line display which is OK for normal radios but not great for a clock radio. The Siesta's display is nice and large, contains lots of detail and its brightness adjusts automatically depending on the surrounding light so it doesn't keep you awake by being too bright. It's a backlit LCD type so the viewing angles won't please everyone but I think it's good.
- Lots of alarms - well 3 to be precise. Each one is very flexible and can wake you up to DAB, FM or a tone alarm.
- You can set the wake-up volume of the radio alarms. This was a key feature for me. This enables you to go to sleep to a low volume radio but wake up to a much louder volume.
- The buttons are well laid out and it's easy enough to navigate all of the functions in the dark. The number of functions means it's often necessary to press several buttons to access something, but it's all quite easy. The buttons are a bit clunky, which won't please everyone but you get used to their feel.Read more ›
When I received the item the box was larger than I expected but the item itself is pretty compact. Measures around 6 to 7 inches across and about 7 to 8 front to back with the curves at either sides. Its a slick and sexy glossy black. All plastic casing which makes it light. Some may associate this with a cheapish feeling but the last thing I want is a heavy bulky alarm clock so this was ideal.
Setting the item up was a breeze and only took a few minutes and that includes setting the DAB presets, a couple of customised alarms and familiarising myself with the buttons etc. I have read some reviews rating the product down on this but its always going to be a case of personal preference and learning curve, and for each user that may not always be the same.
The time sets itself by the way so no need to set that at all, all you have to do if you want to listen to the radio (FM or DAB) is click the FM/DAB button and then + or - to scan through the stations. Thats all. Nothing particularly difficult about that.
The alarm settings requires more button clicking, this is simply due to variety of options that this product allows when customising your alarm patterns. I personally found it very easy when following the instruction book/guide. I had my alarm set for work during weekdays to wake to DAB followed up by a second tone alarm shortly afterwards.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I ordered this as an upgrade for a PURE Siesta Mi Clock Radio. The sound quality is a great improvement but I found that the display is virtually unusable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by David Ewart
Good alarm radio. Does not have the best speakers but not really a problem if you are using it just as an alarm. Read morePublished 4 months ago by James
Delighted with Pure Siesta DAB/FM radio. Sound quality great. Screen display excellent. Good value for moneyPublished 5 months ago by Linda Kidd
Very good reception though display is rather difficult to see when setting the alarm.Published 5 months ago by Stephen Patrick