Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Heavy Rain (PS3) forum

PS3's Slowly fading away

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Mar 2010 19:23:58 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 1 Mar 2010 19:32:00 GMT
Evan says:
Go ahead. It'll be your loss.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2010 19:45:35 GMT
R. E. Smith says:
I agree. This is the first problem I have suffered with my PS3 error code 8001050F. I am sure that Sony will sort it out soon. As for paying for internet to get on the network, well as you say go ahead. Clearly an easy target for getting ripped off.

Posted on 1 Mar 2010 20:36:07 GMT
so they've got one bug. they say it'll be fixed by tomorrow. What kind of person is seriously going to chuck their v. expensive PS3 because they couldn't play it for one day. And what do you mean by a 'decent online service'? Personally I thought that unlimited free online gaming, with free chat, easy to use microphones and PS Eyes, private and personallised accounts and and v. good PS Store would qualify as a 'decent online service'. Clearly I'm mistaken. What exactly does the Xbox online service offer that warrants paying £30 a year for, or whatever it costs.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2010 21:01:06 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 1 Mar 2010 23:56:50 GMT
Nigel Mayo says:
Apart from a few overcrowded servers on certain games over the years I've not had any problems.
What's been happening?

Posted on 2 Mar 2010 01:35:40 GMT
DeeJay says:
Sony have already said they will eventually start charging a fee for certain aspects of their live service. When and what things they will charge for is anyones guess though.

Posted on 2 Mar 2010 13:55:18 GMT
The OP is a troll. Just ignore them.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2010 17:02:11 GMT
D. Antrobus says:
What issues ?.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Mar 2010 11:40:45 GMT
Good luck trying to play when it red rings on your like 60% of all the 360 sold... The most unreliable console in gaming history....

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Mar 2010 18:46:01 GMT
Andra says:

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Mar 2010 08:50:20 GMT
Ah ms fanboys, don't you love them.
The simple fact is you need to realise not everyone likes to play games online. I personally don't enjoy having 14 year old Americans shout racist and homophobic rubbish down their microphone at anyone and everyone. I would never pay for online service even if Sony started to charge for it therefore the simple fact is PSN > XBL..... get over it

Posted on 10 Mar 2010 14:32:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Mar 2010 14:34:06 GMT
cava2610 says:
if you like xbox go play with your xbox. i dont like xbox because the one i had broke after 2 hours of gameplay and yes it was brand new. it kept freezing so took back straight away. Also my friends who have had one have had atleast 4 replacements each. ive had 5 friends with xbox and they have all had to at sum point to send it away for repairs or get a replacement. one of my friends has had 6 360s and he just keeps it to play halo. his elite he got free with his fone contract. most of my friends have got ps3s now as for xbl well u shud hope for a good quality service since ur paying for it. PSN works fine even with 1 problem i mean apart from that not had any problems compared to my friends who spent most of there time replacing their 360s.
Heavy rain was a great game even if u bum ur 360 you will like it

Posted on 10 Mar 2010 21:18:55 GMT
Alex Newman says:
i have had xbox but it broke after nearly a year and i swpped it for a ps3 and have had no issues with it at the moment. i prefer the ps3 because of the internet, blu ray player and free online. what i dont like about the xbox is that i hate listend to people shout down the mic i know i can mute them but not that many people speak on ps3. i don't always play online anyway with games like bioshock online is not nessercary. however it is not all bad for the xbox i like some of the games you can get on there such as fable 2 and halo but with the high risk of red ring i would rather have a ps3. sorry if i spealt anything wrong i am only 14

Posted on 12 Mar 2010 14:43:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Mar 2010 14:45:23 GMT
BlueYakMan says:

Posted on 12 Mar 2010 20:38:38 GMT
On the contrary, I believe that it is the Xbox 360 that is fading away. The PS3 has just found its footing, with programmers just getting the hang of coding the games to the PS3's specifications. Already, we are seeing games with three discs for the 360, because the console cannot take blu ray. How many discs will there be in 2012?

Posted on 29 Mar 2010 16:40:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Mar 2010 16:40:57 BDT

Posted on 30 Mar 2010 10:06:02 BDT
E. EFIONG says:
Seriously, either way, PS3 has Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, God of War, MLB The Show, MAG, what do XBox have? Forza and Halo? Have fun with that while I get free online service for life. You lot have to pay like £40. Do yourself a favour and buy a PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2010 18:55:41 BDT
R. Jones says:
i really dont undersatnd, the PSN and XBL are exactly the same, exactly the same stuff in store or marketplace, same experience on games, you pay (for what differnce i don't know) on XBL so its got to be better in some way which i havnt relised yet. i would say PSN has more online services with vidzone, i player and all the new stuff coming. and i don't have to pay, i havnt experienced anything failures online on PSN except 1st march, all you hear about XBOX is people getting theyre accounts hacked, at least PSN is safe

Posted on 31 Mar 2010 15:51:53 BDT
Bystander23 says:
Gran Turismo in June. PS3 only. Say no more

Posted on 31 Mar 2010 18:20:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Mar 2010 18:21:42 BDT
R. Skeels says:
GOW3, GT5, Heavy Rain, LBP, Uncharted 1&2 and MAG
'Nuff said.

Posted on 2 Apr 2010 16:27:23 BDT
I never actually got why the xbl was better than psn, the psn seems to have more features, web browser, home, vidzone, iplayer, video and game store, and i checked and the psn max download rate is marginally higher than xbl, the only advantage seems to be a slightly higher minigame count on the game store and intergame chat,

id stick with ps3 if i were u as i borrowed my mates xbox for a month when he was travelling, and surprising no of 10 year olds screaming or whistling constantly into mikes on halo.

Id say ps3 is getting better not worse, as they still have space to fill on the processors and bluray, but its your opinion

Posted on 5 Apr 2010 10:36:30 BDT
J. Morton says:
Ok for a start, Uncharted 2 single handedly beats ANYTHING on the 360. Free online, blu ray, better games hands down. To the person who started this thread, do you actually think Xbox has no issues or are all your friends ps3 hating 360 owners who have sold you some crap about the ps3?? Don't start a topic called "PS3's slowly fading away" coz you clearly have no clue what your talking about.

Posted on 2 Oct 2010 17:27:27 BDT
I own both xbox and ps3.... the only thing i prefere on the xbox is call of duty.... and obvs xbox exclusives.... everything else and its all about the ps3. Ive had both since they first came out... PS3> Xbox with 90% of things. The only people who disagree are people who only own xboxs because they either cant afford the ps3 or they are annoying little kids who seem to take up being xbox fan boys along with the chavs. Simple as.

Posted on 20 Oct 2010 15:10:29 BDT
C. Brown says:
I too own both xbox 360 and ps3... and after getting ps3, I cancelled my Xbox live subscription and heres why:

1. Personally I've never found xbox live to be good....I'll point out matchmaking times in halo, frequent disconnects, over crowded servers, lag, ooooh the lag! (and I have a fast, stable connection). PSN is faster, has better stability, great & easy to navigate online store, and it's free.

2. My ps3 has never broken down on me, however, i'm now on xbox number 4 because xbox is just of such a poor manufacture quality... seriously I could make a more durable xbox with a shoebox, some foil, a car battery and an elastic band.

3. If i have to choose between platforms for games, I choose ps3 every time. Because I know i'll get a much better gaming experience, and I know theres no risk of me buying it then an hour not being able to play it cause my xbox has kicked the bucket. The only reason I own xbox is for exclusives.

Besides, if microsoft really knew what they were doing, would they have copied PS3's operating system for xbox?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Heavy Rain (PS3) forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  1 Mar 2010
Latest post:  20 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (347)