Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Why is PS3 more expensive than 360?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Sep 2012, 09:00:15 BST
Chimpanzee says:
360: £39.91, PS3: £42.49. Why? I don't think I've ever seen a game on Amazon where one console version is more expensive than the other.

Posted on 30 Sep 2012, 17:25:35 BST
Dave says:
The shot of the box cover states the the PS3 edition contains 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay.
Compared to the price of DLC, £2.50 for an extra hour seem like a good deal to me.

Posted on 4 Oct 2012, 19:15:03 BST
Dave says:
Must have just been a glitch as both formats are the same price now.

Posted on 6 Oct 2012, 08:50:45 BST
They are the same price now, but PS3 games are often more expensive. No idea why.

Posted on 9 Oct 2012, 09:06:53 BST
PRices tend to be same over both formats. Any price differences will most likely just be because of price matching at the current time.

As it stands the ps3 version of AC3 is the definitive version along with 1 hour exclusive content you gain further unlocks if you also have the Vita AC3:Liberation (female assassin who meets Connor at some point).

Posted on 21 Nov 2012, 10:26:43 GMT
From what I've been told the PS3 games are more expensive because it's harder to code games for the console. What I've HEARD in rumours is that Xbox have exclusive rights to certain games first release of all the DLC so will drop the game prices to make sure they sell faster than the PS3 versions and release the DLC first as an incentive to make sure players choose Microsoft over Sony. Whether that's true, I couldn't say. When you look at games like Skyrim and see that nearly a year later, no DLC has come out for Skyrim on PS3 but HAS about 3 or 4 for Xbox already, you can't help but believe something is underhanded about it.

Posted on 16 Aug 2013, 18:30:06 BST
Heisenberg says:
Several PS3 pre orders have been around £5 more expensive than the 360 versions in the past, I've emailed Amazon to ask why and they've told me they price items due to the manufacturers recommendations but I've never heard of games publishers etc recommending that PS3 versions be more expensive than the 360 versions before!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Aug 2013, 18:31:22 BST
Heisenberg says:
????

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Aug 2013, 18:32:04 BST
Heisenberg says:
Someone's been pulling your leg haha
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  28 Sep 2012
Latest post:  16 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about