Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Fallout 3 (PS3) forum

PS3 Not Getting Fallout 3 DLC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jan 2009 22:55:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jan 2009 23:19:15 GMT
A. Trott says:
Yes it's true.

I first heard of the content last week learning that it was a full scale war really made me want it. It's the libration of alaska (You will hear this from time to time in the game)

But Bethesda say it will not come to the PS3 only Xbox360 & PC.

They have not given a valid reson why but some Money has swapped hands (Mabey due to MS history in this department)

Some say PS3 can not handle the download size (Obviosly not true mainly PC Players who said that)

The PS3 Is too slow and crap to run it (Again not true Mainly XBOX360 players who said this oo what a suprise)

Im not shure mabey they did make it without bribary just for the XBOX & PC but i think Bethesda will be missing out and there reputation will go with it from Avid PS3 Fans.

Update:
If there is a high demand for a PS3 version then they will make one.....Hopefully

I found this, Sign it and we will send it to Bethsda (Show them high demand lol)

http://www.petitiononline.com/Wave360/petition.html

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2009 16:20:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Mar 2009 16:22:46 GMT
James Watson says:
We knew this was going to be the case before Fallout 3 even came out. It's Bill Gates paying for exclusivity rights just like he did for GTA IV The Lost & Damned. I've signed that petition but I'm not holding my breath. The likelihood is once all the DLC for Fallout has been released on Xbox and PC, Bethesda will release a Game of the Year edition just like they did for Oblivion.

Posted on 27 Apr 2009 23:19:33 BDT
Runeweaver says:
I think the only valid reason i can think of,other than microsoft paying for the dlc,is the costs involved,converting from pc>360 or 360>pc is very easy hardly any changes at all,but converting to the ps3 is alot harder and costly.
and its nothing to do with Bill Gates hes retired.

And there might be the same problem as there was with oblivion,bethesda said it was very hard to get downloaded dlc to work well on the ps3 due to its memory configeration,as its main memory is shared between its cpu and gpu.
I know theres a ignpodcast somewhere that gives some info.

Posted on 10 May 2009 11:39:43 BDT
Sir Lagsalot says:
Microsoft paying for DLC doesn't benefit xbox owners at all. They would of had the content regardless of Bill Gates' big novelty cheque. It would have been preferable for all parties if they had spent the money on new IPs rather than sticking one in the eye of PS3 owners.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fallout 3 (PS3) forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  31 Jan 2009
Latest post:  10 May 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Fallout 3 (PS3)
Fallout 3 (PS3) by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (187)