on 7 January 2018
I bought this to assist me during my Midwifery training, and I would recommend all Midwifery students give it a read! The book guides you through many complications of pregnancy and childbirth and features up to date guidance on correct procedures. It is easy to read and understand and is set out well.

It is a very worthwhile investment in your education! It helped me pass my exams with ease!
on 22 April 2017
Very useful for a midwife student, especially for obstetric osce prep. I originally didn't want to buy it cos of the cost but then I couldn't go without it. So bought it and it was the best decision. Very easy to understand and can be very useful for practice too as a reminder.
on 11 May 2018
Every midwife needs this. Although there is a new 2018 addition.
on 10 August 2014
Student midwives ... you need this! This advise comes from a midwifery lecturer. You can not do better for your emergency module / OSCE than purchase this book. It is brilliant
2 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2016
For my daughter who Iain her final year training to be a midwife. She said it was great for revision.
on 15 July 2014
An excellent book on medical emergencies in maternity used alongside the PROMPT course. On its own it is a good overview and outlines the importance of teamwork in these situations. Also good for midwives to have as a refresher.
One person found this helpful
on 13 June 2016
A good refresher for my Prompt drills. all the little things that tend to be forgotten......
on 15 February 2015
I needed this manual prior to the course. The RRP was £24 but much cheaper here. I bought a damaged handbook, but much to my delight there was not a mark or scratch on it! It has been stamped as damaged on the inside cover but otherwise in perfect condition.
on 16 June 2016
best good luck present for whoever start midwifery.
on 21 May 2017
Absolute essential. Life saving book, wouldn't have survived my OSCE without it! Packed full of great info on obstetric emergencies!