Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £7.99 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
|Price:||£24.99 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£21.51 (46%)|
- It's easy to transfer data between the training computer and polarpersonaltrainer.com
- Simply connect it to a PC with its USB connection
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Polar Flowlink Heart Rate Monitor Accessory - Grey
Polar Datalink Unit B002XISGSA
Suunto M5 Watch - All Black B00842WSJ2
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Dimensions||1.9 cm x 29.2 cm x 10.2 cm||1.3 cm x 6.3 cm x 2.5 cm||3.5 cm x 1.2 cm x 4 cm||4.4 cm x 4.4 cm x 1.3 cm|
|Item Weight||91 g||5 g||113 g||82 g|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||Information not provided||Information not provided||1.42 Watt Hours||3.5 Watt Hours|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
This piece of equipment is designed to make it easy to transfer data between the training computer and polarpersonaltrainer.com. Simply connect it to a Mac or PC with its USB connection and away you go.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have several problems with this:
1. A live internet connection is necessary to upload any data from the HRM, and it can't be done offline.
2. It means I have no choice of what software to store my training results in, unless I manually type my data into another program (which takes away the whole point of the data transfer device!), because the Polar website seems to have no option to download a batch file of all my data.
3. I regard my training data as private, and yet to use this device, I have no option but to share my training data and personal details with Polar. They have an opt-out clause in their terms and conditions that you can select if you want to increase the restrictions on how they are allowed to use your data and personal details. However, when I asked them to confirm receipt of my opt-out and let me know if there was any way of downloading data directly to my hard drive, I received absolutely no reply.
In summary, I would not have bought this device (or the RS300X, which has no alternative data transfer means) if I had been aware of its limitations prior to purchasing. I would have chosen an alternative that gave me control over my own data and a choice over the training analysis software that I can use. This was the case with my old polar HRM, which transferred to PC by IR link. Also, poor customer service from Polar, in not replying to my queries.
It is much easier than transferring by hand a very quick.
It worked for me the 1st time, but then to get it to upload subsequent 'reads' I had to reboot my computer each time (yes, I tried closing/re-opening software first - no luck!). This was a PITA. On the Polar forums there are lots of users with similar issues and it is clear this accessory needs some serious work by Polar for it to be anything worth the price they are charging for it. Considering many other devices can integrate via Bluetooth or Wirless seamlessly from the device itself it seems this accessory is a clunky and ill thought out option to grab a bit of extra cash from the user rather than a commitment to seamless integration of their products.
Update: about 2 days ago there was a patch release for the software (that is used in conjunction with the flowlink accessory) and I found that I no longer had to reboot my computer in between 'synchs'. Until today that is - I got about 4-5 synchs done but today it just doest wanna play - a reboot is on the cards. Dodgy :-(
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought one of these to upload training data from my RS300X. Trying it with the Polar WebSync software on two computers (Win10 and Win8) it just did not work. Read morePublished 2 months ago by TR
I'm using the Flowlink in combination with the Polar FT7. Next to being very user friendly and having a nice web interface to have an overview of your work-outs, I also think this... Read morePublished 2 months ago by gamblor
I have had my Polar FT7 watch for two years and over the moon.
Recently changed my medical insurance to Vitality and you can link my watch with their website to gain... Read more
Love it. Works with my FT7 and is dead easy to set up and use. Makes use of the HRM even more comprehensive and usefulPublished 5 months ago by Paul Fisher
Went through a whole process of trying to find the right watch and bought lots of accessories. By the time I bought all the accessories I realised I could have bought a better... Read morePublished 8 months ago by A. Cresswell
This is great way to link your polar heart rate monitor to your PC, linked to the Polar training website and you have a great training logger.Published 9 months ago by Peter Doughty
Works like a charm. You need a PC, a browser (Firefox in my case) and a http://polarpersonaltrainer.com/ account. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Kriptonis