PMP Exam Prep: Accelerated Learning to Pass PMIs PMP Exam Paperback – 1 Jun 2013
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PMP® Exam Prep, 8th Edition Are you looking for a time-tested and proven study guide for the PMP® exam? This new eighth edition of the worldwide best-selling PMP® exam preparation book is specifically written for people who plan to sit for the PMP® examination after July 31st of 2013. Features of this worldwide best-selling resource include the following: •Practice exam questions-over 400 throughout the book. •A focus on real-world project issues. •Exclusive exercises and Tricks of the Trade®. •Cross-references to PMBOK® Guide pages for easy lookup. •A chapter dedicated exclusively to making sure you pass the exam on your first attempt.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Easy to read and has you hooked from the first chapter, so much so that you actually enjoy reading it!
- Flow of chapters and ease of read
- Questions after each chapter
- Term definitions well described
- The PMI-isms, definitely bearing in mind whilst you read through
- Different types of questions
- All the exam tips - WOW
- All the mathematical concepts and calculations are well explained with plenty of practice. Rita says in the book that you will appreciate these questions in the exam and I certainly did. THANK YOU
Cons (my personal experience)
- I personally couldnt understand the difference of when to use the PERT formula or the standard triangular one, even after the explanation in the book and the PMBOK guide. I struggled in the practice q's and in the real exam. There was actually about 4 or 5 questions on this so i was getting quite frustrated in the exam
- Chapter Three - (the framework) was mind boggling. I had a go at doing the chart a couple of times and failed miserably as i didn't understand most of the concepts and why they were done in a certain order. HOWEVER, after giving up on the chapter, and completing the book everything made perfect sense and i later went back and smashed it.
- The question examples were very wordy, i found in the exam that was not the case. Well not as bad as the book
My advice to those preparing
1. Purchase this book
2. Read each chapter and highlight important things. Especially gaps in your knowledge and exam tips.
3.Read more ›
Rita's PMP Exam prep book is written to help you become a better project manager from the PMI point of view, and as a result, makes it easier to pass the PMP exam. From my experience, memorizing to pass the PMP exam is equivalent to "accepting a medium risk of passing".
Three key takeaways from Rita's PMP Exam prep book:
* Adapt the book to your reading style; not vice versa.
* Develop the Rita's PMP Exam prep book "PMI-ism" thinking as you read along; I believe it is a fail-safe option to passing the PMP exam.
* Practise answering questions by asking "What process (e.g. Develop Charter, Define Scope etc.) does this question relate to?" as it enhances the probability that you select the right answer.
PS Make sure you use the latest edition of Rita's PMP Exam prep book!
I highly recommend it, and ok it's not the cheapest PM book, but I reckon it's a good investment for any PM.
I cleared my exam in the first attempt. Knowledge areas like Cost, Time and Procurement are the ones that I have extensively studied from this book.
I enjoyed studying this book as part of my preparation for PMP.
It shows and continues to reiterate the forucs of making one be well prepared for the exams.
A must must for any PMP exam candidate.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best book after the PMBOK to prepare for the PMP exams. In fact this is better considering the PMBOK is a bit dry.Published 6 months ago by Tanushree
Just passed the PMP exam on first attempt. This definitely the book that you need, not just to pass the exam but more importantly to cover all the project management concepts.Published 7 months ago by zico
much better than i thought. Thank you for the on time delivery :)Published 12 months ago by Kyriacos Hadjichristofi