on 29 October 2005
This book is definitely not for a beginner wanting to learn php. But as a reference book, it is terrific. There are lots and lots of very useful examples.The material is very well orgainized - you can find what u need very quickly. For each topic, a commonly encountered problem is presented, and then an explanation of how to solve it, along with sample code is given. I used another book to learn php. While that was great for learning, I found it frustrating finding solutions in it to problems i faced when i started work on my php project. This book helped me immensely because it gave me the answers I needed quickly. The numerous examples were a godsend. I highly recommended it as a handy reference.
on 8 October 2013
This book really helped me get into PHP years back as a complete beginner only knowing HTML at that point. It slowly builds your knowledge up with great examples and real world scenarios. I'd highly recommend for anyone wanting to get into writing PHP.
on 3 August 2003
This book is excellent, if u often have problems, parse errors, and just dont have a clue why ur db won't connect (or it has but it wont display ur data) These often problems for php devs can be helped with this book.
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK IF U HAVE NO OTHER PHP REFERENCE! It is simply somthing u can look in occasionaly and find a cool snipet of code, or if u have a problem troubleshoot through the book... its a good aid but ur not going to learn 2 much new stuff, just how tof ix bugs