- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
PHOTOOLEX M500 Flash Speedlite for Canon Nikon Sony Panasonic Olympus Fujifilm Pentax Sigma Minolta Leica and Other SLR Digital SLR Film SLR Cameras and Digital Cameras with Single-Contact Hot Shoe
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- High-performance speedlite with a guide number of 35 (ISO 100/1m) works as a continuous light and could also output a total of 150 Lux (Max. 0.5m).
- Support manual mode, S1 and S2 wireless flash trigger modes, Metal hot shoe, 2.8 seconds flash recycle time, Power saving automatic shutdown function, Automatic save function.
- For a test flash, Press the test button to fire a test flash with the current settings or to wake the flash from sleep mode. Press and hold [Mode] and [Test] to reset the flash.
- Power Control: The flash unit has 8 steps of power output control which indicated by 8 pieces of LED lamp for different level.
- What You Get:Photoolex M500 speedlite*1, Protective Pouch *1, Stand *1 and Instruction manual *1.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
A professional photography equipment brand since 2010.
Circuit Design: Insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT)
Guide Number: 35 (ISO100/1m)
Flash Coverrage: 35mm
Vertical Rotation Angle:-7~90 degrees
Horizontal Rotation Angle:0~270 degrees
Recycle time:2.8 seconds
Light brightness:About 150Lux (Max, 0.5m)
Light color temperature:5000K
Power source:Four AA batteries (alkaline or Ni-MH)
Battery life:Flash mode: 110-1500 flashes; Light mode: About 4 hours for light
Power Ratio:8 levels of output control(1/128~1/1)
External Interface:Hot shoe, PC Sync port and external power connection port
Dimensions L x W x H: 189*75*58mm
Weight: 318.4g / 11.23oz
Wireless Master Flash,Exposure Compensation, Auto Save, PCSync, Power Saving,Overheating Protection, Advanced Options.
CANON EOS 70D, 60D, SL1, Rebel T6i, T6s, T5i, T4i, T3i, T2i, T1i, T5, T3, XT, XSi, XSi etc.
NIKON P6000 P7000 P7100 P7700 P7800 COOLPIX A D40 D50 D60 D70 D80 D90 D3000 D3100 D3200 D3300
D5000 D5100 D5200 D5300 D7000 D7100 D200 D300 D600 D610 D700 D750 D800 etc
1x M500 Flash
1x Flash Stand
1x Protective Bag
12 months warranty
7*24hs email customer support
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
54 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Anyway to the unit itself. On opening the box It is very nicely presented. No need for faint praise about it being good for the money, this is a good quality solid unit. I was quite shocked at how large it was as I use a micro 4/3 Panasonic camera. However I have no hot shoe capability on my LUMIX GF6 so this is not an issue as I always intended to use it as a slave via wi fi. The instructions are clear but not really needed as this is simple to use and understand. The LCD screen on the rear has a bar graph giving 8 levels of intensity for both the flash and permanent light. These are changed by nice pleasing buttons underneath the display, no fiddly touch screen. This allows for light adjustment from bright to 'ouch my eyes' on both lamps.
I struggled at first to understand the Wi Fi set up before discovering there was nothing at all to do on the flash unit , it was all a case of setting the camera flash mode correctly. Once this was sorted, well it was sorted, press the shutter...'FLASH'
It comes complete with pouch, which wouldn't give a great deal of protection should it get dropped but will certainly prevent it getting scratched. Also it's own stand for slave mode. This has hot shoe fitment on top which is secured by a large nurled wheel at the base of the flash. Underneath is a standard thread allowing for fitment to a tripod if necessary and negating the need for an adaptor.
I'm sure some big time photo geeks will sneer at this but I honestly can't see why anyone would spend up to 10 times as much for something that has a posh brand name but essentially does the same thing.
If you do photography for fun and on a budget, like me, then this is a £30 no brainer.
This fires the unit in sync with the main unit and this works fine for what I need.
The LED light is really bright and lights up the room if needed (variable output) so I guess you could use it as a studio/modelling light or certainly a video camera light. It doesn't do flash and light together which perhaps would have been useful?
It works in manual mode only so if used on the camera doesn't sync and the camera flash kept popping up (but not firing) when I pressed the shutter release.
For the price and for what I bought it for it serves me fine.
Great Product would recommend to anyone requiring an uncomplicated Flash.