Customer reviews

on 24 April 2017
The majority of the book is recipes in an alphabetical layout. I would have much preferred if the recipes were organized into some type of categorization - either by base spirit, or by classics, newer drinks etc, to give me a starting point based on my mood, what's in stock, or what I feel like drinking. Yes, there is a spirits based index in the back, but it's quite annoying to flip between different pages. If I feel like making a gin based cocktail I don't want to flip to page 30, then 56, then 62 etc. I also thought the index could have been better - I looked under Lillet Blanc and it failed a mention a recipe in the book which uses it, the 20th century. As a novice, I prefer another book I ordered called the cocktail chronicles which has more details on different spirits and ingredients.
on 1 October 2017
Arrived within the stated time. I bought it for my son in law's birthday he is very pleased with it.
on 22 November 2012
Plenty to choose from, with a distinct variety. Really well designed and a good section at the beginning talking about equipment.
Main issue I found was once you get into making cocktails your wages are soon eaten away and you become an alcoholic!
on 27 September 2013
This book is truly lovely. It has a very honest quality in its writing and has lots of tips and tricks for people of all abilities. The binding looks really smart and unlike a usual recipe book of ingredients, it's something you can actually read for its content.

Great illustration and excellent quality, perfect talking point on the coffee table and of course the recipes are great too!
on 19 December 2012
This book is an essential bit of kit for the professional or home mixologist. As well as being beautifully illustrated and written it is very informative on best practice for Bar Management. I really would love to visit the ground breaking speakeasy this book illuminates.
on 14 August 2013
I gave it to my favorite bartender as a gift.... now ordering a second one for myself. Good info in the book, charming illustrations. Makes a great bar reference, coffee table book, or toilet time reading material.
on 23 December 2013
A comprehensive manual full of great ideas. Excellent value for money.
Inspires the reader to try something new and imaginative.
on 13 June 2014
I saw the book from a friend and i fell in love with it, so i bought it, great for gifts also! And every bartender should have one :D
on 21 November 2016
Great cocktail book, with bonus hotdog recipes. Everything we have tried so far has been easy to make. Some ingredients are a bit exotic but most are available on Amazon, not always the exact brand that PDT uses but well worth the effort.
on 21 February 2014
this book is great it gives some great ideas on making cocktail and ways of adapting them to your own way