on 12 September 2017
Exactly what I wanted. Is compatible with Linux as well as Windows. Using it on an Ubuntu 17.04. It was a while back since I set it up but I think it only required one or two firmware files to get it to work, which I easily found using a google search. I have this set up with TVheadend as a backend. Have bought cheap ebay t2(HD) tuners which can be a nightmare to get to work under Linux, and then can be erratic even if you get them working. If you want a TV tuner to work under Linux save yourself some trouble and get this. No problem recording all the same streams from one transponder e.g for UK HD Freeview have been able to record three channels at once, or watch one live whilst recording two others, pause live TV etc
on 29 April 2017
Great product providing good quality signal of all freeview HD and SD channels. The Amplifier built in ensures signal is increased. included software has good tv viewer with internal EPG. I am so pleased with my purchase and know that i am future proof when UK transfers to full DVB T2 transition
on 26 October 2015
Bought this to replace the old non-hd tuner I owned previously. It took a little head-scratching to get the HD working under Linux, but once sorted, it works brilliantly!
on 27 February 2016
I'm using this with the bundled software for the time being. The device itself seems to work fine, picking up all the channels I expected, but the software is not very well designed. I'll soon be using it with my Synology NAS so hopefully it will be easier to navigate channels.
on 3 August 2016
I bought this to use on my Nvidia Shield. I've got TVHeadend running on my Shield TV, and then TVHeadend connects to this USB Tuner, which in turn, gives me TV Channels on my Shield TV
on 6 September 2016
Brilliant bit of kit. I haven't had a TV for years and this was cheaper, also can record etc. Really good product. The only gripe I have is that the supplied software can be a little glitchy.
on 24 July 2017
Couldn't get it work in Linux. Returned.
on 14 May 2015
Works a treat. High quality image.
on 9 June 2017
I expected it work straight out of the box. Despite calling support this product seems to be a duff. But I am certainly not going to spend hours finding out why it did not function.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2012
Well I will start by saying that if you buy this and you plan on using the provided whip aerial, then your in for some disappointment. I live in an area with good signal, and using the whip aerial only managed to pick up 31 channels, none of them HD.
As we have no roof aerial I bought an indoor powered aerial and a signal booster, I now get 117 channels and all the HD channels. It all works great, the picture has not broken up, neither have I seen an pixellation.
The tuner itself is tiny, and with Windows 7 64 bit I just plugged it in and I was away.
I use Windows Media Centre, as others have recommended, and it all works just fine.