on 3 January 2014
First purchase: Good fit for my size 10 feet, regular sock height, cosy and thick enough to be a good cushioning sock.
So, after my 1st purchase I decided to get another lot of 12 pairs of these socks, as they had seemed such great value. BIG mistake. Of this next lot, about one third of the socks were very poorly repaired seconds: white thread had been used inexpertly to half-close up open stitches in what were all-black socks.
So, it seems a case of pot luck as to whether you get a good or bad batch.
on 5 April 2014
These socks are very cheap, but they are also of poor quality. After the first wash, they became permanently out of shape. The front is square so there is too much fabric over the little toes. Also even after 15 washes or so, they still always leave lots of black material on my feet when I take them off. This is really annoying when I'm heading to do sports that require me to be barefoot.
on 7 November 2014
They are surprisingly decent quality for the money (please adjust your expectations). They fit fairly well. They are comfortable all day. There are a lot of socks for astonishingly little cash. They hold their colour really well in the wash.

The big problem with them though is that the manufacturer seems to have pressed the wooly material onto some kind of sock skeleton. The downside to this is that after a days wear when you take the sock off, it would appear that about 10% of the material is still attached to your foot. This has caused havoc in my shower as the trap in the drain is constantly being plugged by sock material. It is also a pain in the rear on the carpet because if it sheds onto the carpet it seems incredibly difficult to pick up with the hoover.
on 12 November 2013
Got these for my husband who has to wear black socks for work. He also suffers with cold feet,he was delighted with the socks.
They were in my opinion very good value for money.
on 4 February 2015
First time on they felt pretty good, but after they had been washed once they seemed to be much thinner. The reason might be the amount of fluff that came off the insides. There was loads of it! Not warm enough for my husband's cold feet at work, I'm afraid.
on 7 February 2015
Horrible horrible horrible excuse for socks. Try as I could, I just could not get any pair to sit on my feet right.
They are like woolly tubes sew up one end, with little to no shaping for the heel etc. They are just horrid.
on 28 November 2014
already holes forming - but what can I expect for that money - of course it was too good to be true - hopefully the 12 pairs will get me through the winter

my feet are nice and snug I must say
on 15 March 2014
Fairly warm and comfy, yes. But be prepared for your feet to look as if you have just become a gorilla! These socks shed black fleecy lining until washed three or four times: This gets everywhere, pilling up to look like small black insects have just invaded your home and any clothing washed with them.

So choose your priorities carefully: Warm(ish) feet at a cheap price, or gorilla-paws and carpets and clothes that look like you have bugs!
on 5 December 2013
Bought these socks for my son who works outdoors. Initially drove me mad as fluff all over carpet even after they have been washed. My son does not feel they are any warmer than his normal socks and actually had two pair now with holes. Would not recommend.
on 14 November 2015
I have had these socks before. The ones in the picture that is. The ones I got are very thin plain unbranded socks. The quality is very bad even for socks!. These won't last long in a washing machine or dryer and will lose elasticity.

You also need instructions to put them on. The sock is never inline with the foot. You go for heel and the toe stitching is top and bottom of foot. You go for toes and the heel is at the side of the foot. You have to twitch the sock to get it in place lol.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse