on 15 February 2014
Always wanted a pocket watch but could never afford the real gold deal so I decided to go daft.This little watch is exactly as described and illustrated.I like the black chrome finish and the engraved decoration on the reverse.The hinge is not clunky or obtrusive and the catch and spring have a nice action to them.The overall quality and finish is very good and the matching chain just adds to the whole look.Who to recommend this to?I don't know.I don't know your style but if you like steampunk and have twenty quid and you're in need of a fob watch check this out.
on 10 November 2014
I ordered this being completely oblivious of the decorative detail of this watch, and I still can't haven't found a link explaining it. Anyway, I've used pocket watches as my main timepiece for a fair old while now, and wear them round my neck on a ribbon, and was happy when this arrived. Lovely little creation - apart from the Micky Mouse silhouette at the centre and smaller ones at the compass points! I'm keeping it though, if I don't point them out, maybe no one else will be aware... D'oh!
on 6 September 2014
Very impressive pocket watch and I am astounded at the quality for the price, has to be said! Sometimes, you gets what you pay for, but in this instance, definitely money well spent. A fob watch that will be used on special occassions only - evenings out in steampunk attire from head to toe! - and this will sit beautifully in my waistcoat pocket!
The flip-open 'skeleton' dial cover is nice and robust, with a definite 'click' and the engraving details on the back are very fine indeed. The hands are luminous and the second hand has a nice sweep. This is so nice to use - with most of the inner workings visible and makes a very pleasant alternative to a contemporary quartz movement. This watch comes with a decent length of chain and a fitting for the top ring, and all finished in an attractive gunmetal colour
It arrived boxed, & with a years guarantee from purchase.
All in all, a very handsome addition to any steampunk and/or alternative wardrobe . . . . !!
on 13 November 2014
Bought this on the strength of the previous reviews and that I wanted a second pocket watch. Firstly it looks fantastic every bit like the picture. Secondly as with every windup watch be careful as over winding will knacker it. The watch feels very light for a case that's made of stainless steel which is a tad puzzling. Nevertheless it looks really good and would recommend getting this one if pocket watches are your thing.
on 7 October 2014
Brought this item as I have recently found a wristwatch causes my wrist to itch, one of the joys of getting older. The watch seems to be well built, with a clear luminous facia and it keeps pretty good time. The chain with the clip on is handy to stop the watch from slipping out of ones pocket when pulling other goodies out...Overall pleased with this item but I still prefer a wristwatch.
on 30 January 2015
Fantastic bargain and works - keeps time really well too. I got mine to wear with a waistcoat at xmas and everyone commented how fancy and smart the watch was. Love it so much - even more than my wristwatch collection ( am a massive watch geek)
on 1 December 2014
i bought this as a prescent for my grandson there was no instrructions to it at all, found some on u-tube. problem with it does not keep its time, stops working after a few hours. was verry smart to look at.
on 18 June 2015
Nice looking thing but mine requires excessive winding to last more than a few minutes, so is pretty useless for anything other than decoration.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2014
Love it, OK the glass is actually plastic but for the money still don't know how it can be made. Guess there's a sweatshop out there somewhere.
on 6 August 2014
Grate little watch. Its not only beautiful but well made to.
Literally only have to wined ot once a day. (it all so glows in dark)