- Find your favourite brands for less in the Fashion Outlet Store.
- Check out our Fashion Sales & Deals for the latest offers from your favourite brands.
- Discover top brands and fashionable styles in our Women's Clothing Store.
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Páramo Women's Andina Waterproof Breathable Jacket
|Price:||£250.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by a fully adjustable, securable hood with wired peak
- Long sleeves for protection, adjustable cuffs and a scooped tail for protection to lower back and a hem drawcord to adjust temperature
- It offers flexible ventilation, including very generous sleeve/ torso vents, for swift and significant temperature adjustment
- Pump Liner reinforcement on shoulders and back for extra protection when load carrying or in heavy rain
- Secure storage from one internal map pocket, one internal secure zipped pocket and handwarming from two internal pockets
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
The Women's Andina Jacket is a contoured jacket for female walkers and backpackers who enjoy demanding levels of activity, as it offers the most generous sleeve/ torso ventilation for swift temperature adjustment. The Nikwax Analogy fabric provides guaranteed perspiration removal and weather protection, with female-friendly features and styling for comfort and performance on the hill. It is snow-friendly as well as hill-friendly for the skier and snowshoer. The jacket uses Nikwax Analogy Pump Liner, which mimics the action of animal fur - pushing liquid water outwards to protect you from rain, condensation and perspiration, while protecting your insulation. This is combined with a Directional microfibre outer to deflect wind and rain. The key benefits of this system is its two layer construction that traps still air giving superior insulation to keep you warm. The Outer layer provides Directional water-repellency while the Pump Liner actively pushes liquid moisture away from the body keeping you dry from precipitation, perspiration and condensation. The Water-repellency of this jacket can be easily renewed for the lifetime of the garment with Nikwax Aftercare. Nikwax Analogy Light fabric performance guaranteed.
1 x Women's Andina Jacket, 1 x Product Description, 1 x Aftercare Description, 1 x Lifetime Guarantee.
Top customer reviews
I have used the jacket in both rainy and dry conditions and was satisfied. I used the sleeve/torso vents for more ventilation and found it quite helpful. In rainy weather the jacket kept me dry.
The fabric feels good, however, it might be too thick for warmer conditions, because it consists of two layers: the outer shell and an inner liner. Paramo does point this out on their website, though.
I have yet to try the jacket on a longer hike in order to be able to evaluate the moisture management. So far, I used it for one hour cycle trips only and it felt okay (I wore merino base layers). On a longer hiking or cycle trip it might show better performance.
I got the jacket for 140 pounds in winter sales and think this is still very pricey. However, so far I have not regret it. I would not want to pay much more, though, but everybody has to make up their own mind on that.
Another reason why I got this jacket was that paramo does not use per- and poly-fluorinated compounds (PFCs) and that they produce the clothes in a more ethical way (at least they say so). I initially ordered a Gore Tex jacket, but was put off when I found out about them using PFCs and about their non-existent business ethics.