- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: AuthorHouseUK (4 Mar. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1452077290
- ISBN-13: 978-1452077291
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.1 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 538,751 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Oxfordshire Colony: Turners Court Farm School, Wallingford, 1911-1991 Paperback – 4 Mar 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Chris Sladen studied modern history at Oxford University, before earning a living in marketing, public relations and the UK civil service. In semi-retirement he took a Master's degree at Ruskin College, Oxford. His first historical book, 'The Conscription of Fashion', a study of civilian clothing during World War II, appeared in 1995. He now lives near Oxford, writes regularly for university publications and contributes to academic and popular history journals. This book also reveals a personal connection with the Wallingford 'Colony'.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was great to see mention of Ianto's diary, particularly as the two examples used, were the one's I'd written!
Christopher, thanks for taking the time to tell this worthwhile story of a very unique place, and a wonderful period of my life ... and if you want more names, accounts and photos, I still have them. Alan