on 16 November 2014
I bought the whole series from level 1 to level 6. Good fun books to help our 4 year old read (level 1). They follow the national curriculum so you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Great stories as you'd expect from Julia Donaldson.
on 4 March 2015
The songbird series have single handedly taught my 4 year old to read and to enjoy it. We just worked through book by book. He can now read ort book band 10! Each book introduce a new sound, then practices it in different words and contexts, then consistently brought up in future books. They progress without realising it. Most stories are fun or silly. A great progressive way to teach your children to read, or to supplement school books.
on 27 September 2013
sometimes it is hard to make a 6 year old read for interest, however
my little girl loves these books, and finds them easy to read.

good illustrations, and selrction of stories, to suit boys or girls
on 15 October 2013
These are really great books for getting the kids to enjoy reading, and they match exactly the school curriculum, which means you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Also has tips for parents in how to read them and the areas of learning they cover.
on 27 March 2013
I really like this book and best of all - my students love the stories and the pictures. It teaches them phonics without thinking! I like Julia Donaldson too!
on 11 July 2012
I bought this book for my 5yr old nephews birthday he loves to read and i bought this book because its a few stages ahead of his school books and he LOVES it, the pictures are lovely and the storys are imaginative. he enjoys reading them to family but he also enjoys them being read to him.
It will definately be a series that i will continue to purchase.
on 15 February 2014
My daughter is four and she loves these stories, she reads them to us. She likes the Leroy story the best. They are all fun stories and well worth getting.
on 27 February 2014
I am a teacher. These are great little phonics readers. Good stories, great illustrations, very good tips for teachers and parents. Excellent value.
on 24 August 2013
We really love this range of books, fun to read for both parent and child. They have encouraged my child to read and the pictures are great too.
on 27 April 2015
My 5 year olds favourite books! It's a shame they don't do higher levels as he was very sad not to continue with them after this.