Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 March 2003
This recently published handbook (2002) is an excellent guide to the Italian language (grammar and verbs), and it also fits into your pocket for portability and easy access.
Some of the topics included are: Spelling, Nouns, Adjectives, Pronouns, etc. with sections on Counting and Measuring, Talking about time and places. Verbs are covered in two sections - regular verbs and a large list of irregular verbs at the end of the book.
Examples are clearly marked in bold. An example from the section on Imperatives, the Italian and English are displayed as: <Vendi> la macchina! / <Sell> your car! (The <..> are to show the bold words in the text. These characters do not appear themselves).
Another example in the same section on Imperatives is the form for Suggestions - <Andiamo> a casa / <Let's go> home.
All in all, a most useful guide and highly recommended.
on 4 December 2009
As I would expect , this is a well organized and well arranged Italian Grammar . It is both lucid and easy to follow and could be an enormouse help to anyone wishing to improve their language skills . My main criticism is that the print is ,for me at least, too small for comfort and I will ,therefore, be looking for something that is more easy to read,visually. It is a pocket edition which I was not made aware of before I bought it.In my view needs to be printed larger. My Concise Oxford Englich Dictionary has marvellous print and I use it all the time and with great pleasure . I wish I could say the same for this volume .
Robin Harrison.
Burnaby, BC.
on 23 July 2013
I like in particular the way this grammar is set out. It is very clear and starts from basics. For instance it does not assume any knowledge of grammar and explains to you the parts of speech as in: "What is a noun?" This attention to basics makes it a useful tool if you are learning the language on your own. In September I shall be starting my fourth year of Italian, but this handy and modestly priced grammar is not being given to an Oxfam bookshop for a long time yet!
on 2 July 2013
I have this already, but it was admired by a French friend who is also learning Italian. This was bought as my present for the hostess when I recently stayed with her.
on 13 January 2016
Typical high quality book from publisher
on 27 July 2014