- Paperback: 594 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press, U.S.A.; New Ed edition (28 Jun. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0192854429
- ISBN-13: 978-0192854421
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 3.6 x 18.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (18 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 33,214 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Oxford Illustrated History of Theatre Paperback – 28 Jun 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
tellingly charts the impact not just of exceptional individuals but of social and economic factors and technological change on theatre. A spread of deftly selected illustrations informatively and handsomely embellishes the text. (TLS)
About the Author
John Russell Brown was Professor of Theature at the University of Michigan, and for fifteen years was Associate of the National Theatre in London. He has writen and edited several books and editions of plays by Shakespeare, and has directed plays for professional and student companies.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources > Study & Teaching
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism