Customer reviews

Format: Board book|Change

on 12 September 2013
This is a BIG book, so do be aware that it's really not for someone that wants to be able to carry this around easily. For me, it is perfect. I am a writer and wanted something that would help me to expand my vocabulary as well as help me with grammar and spelling. This is an excellent book for all that. It has so many words and definitions in it and I love the fact that the thesaurus is in the same place as the dictionary, making it one place that you look up the word you need. Would highly recommend.
on 26 May 2017
What can you say about a dictionary/thesaurus?!!
on 1 June 2017
excellent product, great value
on 6 March 2017
This is a family shelf staple. Very big but more of an investment than an expense!
on 14 August 2017
Bought as a gift for my grandad for his crosswords and he said it's the best he's had!
on 10 February 2015
Enormous heavy hard back tome.
Will prove very useful over many years.
on 5 June 2017
Great layout.
on 20 August 2008
This is a fabulous dictionary and thesaurus. The explanations are concise and easy to understand and the synonyms are clearly laid out and embedded within the dictionary. Highly recommended.
on 8 March 2016
Easy and quick look up synonyms and antonyms is amazingly useful for me and my year 4 daughter.
Cheaper dictionaries we had failed to give her the impression that dictionary is useful, but now she trusts this massive dictionary.
Even though she still thinks the Internet is better source, we use this dictionary during study time to avoid distractions from links, banners, photos, and illustrations that are not necessarily related to the context on the page.
Wordfinder section is very interesting too.
on 26 August 2009
I use this dictionary purely for improving my vocabulary in e-mails and documents as well as for the odd crossword. It is a permanent fixture on my desk and I use it almost every day. This dictionary and thesaurus in one is perfect for anyone who needs a reference tool for some of the more difficult and challenging crosswords around. I really like the thesaurus being at the end of each word definition as everything you need is in one place and you don't have to keep flicking around to find the answer. There is also a really handy section in the centre with reference lists on everything from dog breeds to phobias! On the negative side I think it is quite pricey (currently £20, reduced from £30) though I still would give 5 stars due to its comprehensive and easy to read style.