- Hardcover: 713 pages
- Publisher: OUP Australia and New Zealand; 1st Edition edition (16 Oct. 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0195532279
- ISBN-13: 978-0195532272
- Product Dimensions: 26 x 4.9 x 18.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,452,059 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Oxford Companion to Australian Military History Hardcover – 16 Oct 1995
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"an exceptional work by the best Australian historians and should serve as a model"--Journal of Military History'[A] superlative effort."--Choice
About the Author
Dennis, Grey and Prior are three of our most prolific military history authors. None has published with OUP before.
Top Customer Reviews
I particularly value the thematic essays which cover a wide variety of topics from the Anzac Legend to War Art.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1701-1900
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Australia & New Zealand
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Australasia & Pacific > Australasia > Australia
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > World History > 1751-1900
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence