Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Oxford Bible Atlas Paperback – 16 Apr 2009
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Offers fascinating geographical and archaeological background. (Frank Barrett, Mail on Sunday)
About the Author
Adrian Curtis is Senior Lecturer in Hebrew Bible at the University of Manchester.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It was a pleasant surprise to find that there are also well written descriptions of various places based on various Bible events and stories that make the maps come alive. It is also useful that there are many pictures of various sites and artifacts of historical importance. These are evidently obtained from various sources. To send a photographer on an extended trip to capture all the landscapes and ruins and artifacts would have been extremely costly and doubled the price of the book. Most of the pictures have quite obviously been acquired from picture bureaus, museums or previous collections. When the pictures show geological or geographical features that would be difficult to obtain photographs of, depending on the time of year and the angle of the sun, etc., most are excellent and others are of varying quality. The slightly bluish bias that one commentator complained about in some of the landscape pictures could be due to the type of film used some decades ago. This Atlas first came out in 2007 but some of the pictures could easily be from from an earlier decade. I seem to remember that Agfa colour film used to have a slightly bluish tinge to it.Read more ›
*page 17 is spoiled by printers ink smudge on the bottom margin of the page and also within the text.
*p. 65 has no immediate continuation on p. 66 an the reader has to search for it.
* the majority of landscape pictures are too 'blue' giving an overall blue effect.
* some of the pages are in a strange and contrasting an random cream colour that is in noticeable contrast to the majority of white pages
* the quality of the paper is probably 90gm or 100gm weight which will not withstand heavy usage by Bible students
* the stitch binding is of very poor quality thread and tension so that the pages are not secure.
I would not advise anyone to purchase this Atlas without seeing one first and checking with the seller.
However, that said, the content is excellent and informative and only adds to the disappointment of the product quality.
My volume was printed through Phoenix Offset, China.
Many of the maps have been taken by satallite which gives a good picture of how a certain country relates to its neighbours.
It is an ideal book for modern Bible students.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Full of interesting revelations of the history and geography of the Bible lands.Published on 23 Sept. 2014 by Ian
This was part of a Bar-Mitzvah present for a great-nephew. It seemed a grown-up present for a bright 13-year old.Published on 28 July 2013 by Timothy Halford
I wanted something between an academic tome and a picture book and to be honest this was more on the picture book side but my problem not the booksPublished on 5 Feb. 2013 by MSW
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel & Palestine > Israel
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Period
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps