on 17 June 2014
DVLA is scrapping tax discs this October (2014) for most road vehicles but I think Class3 mobility scooters may have to keep them so I bought this in case.

It is identical to one I bought for my first motorbike in 1961. I expect production will cease in due course.
on 19 August 2014
I've had this item in the past, it is well constructed and will last longer than 12 months. I personally buy one every year (this is the last as they will be abolishing the need to display a tax disc soon) as I superglue it shut. I do this because when I first got my bike a stone flicked up, after around six months of owning the bike, and destroyed the holder scattering my tax disc and the glass retainer onto a busy road (the holder was of a different brand).

I think this holder is less fragile than the one that came with my bike, but I still glue it because it cost me around £9 for a replacement tax disc when the tax itself was only £15 for the year!
on 11 July 2014
Item is adequate for the job, but it is not particularly strong or robust. The rubber retaining ring is rather flimsy and comes away from the metal frame with very little effort. The government is allegedly removing the requirement for physical tax discs from October 2014 - if that is true (bearing in mind that much of what this current coalition government says is not true!) this item will suffice until then However, i doubt if it would be much use for longer term use.
on 1 July 2014
It's cheap and nasty... After riding around the country side for a couple of hundred miles, i noticed the rubber seal holding my tax disc in place looked like it was starting to peal itself off... other than that it seems to be doing what it was intended to do.
on 26 October 2014
Kind of pointless now owing one since tax is no longer needed to be displayed but my holder was rusted and bent from previous owner, never bothered to change it but saw this and for the cheap price decided to swap. Nice and easy to fit, all of 30 seconds. Rubber around outside is water resistant unlike some and holds it all together.
on 19 April 2013
...lets in water. I now have some mush that may, or may not, be taxed. It is taxed, and I'm displaying it, so all is good... I think.
on 28 May 2013
Arrived on time, well packed.Fits on the bike a treat. The seal seems to be holding well at present.tax disc not wet yet.
on 9 March 2013
Good for what it is, easy to fit and displays the disk well - would recommend this item for all bikers
on 6 July 2014
you get what you pay for
on 30 March 2014
I prefer the OE look on everything so when my bikes needed new tax disc holders, I bought two of these and they do the job at a good price......won't need them soo. Though 😄