Overcoming Chronic Pain: A Books on Prescription Title: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques (Overcoming Books) Paperback – 25 Aug 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An invaluable resource for all sufferers of chronic pain. (Christine Padesky author of Mind Over Mood)
A clinically proven self-help approach to pain management.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I should have known this book wasn't going to help when one of the first chapters was about medications and talking to your physiotherapist- I have been offered barely any medication and the thought of my hospital offering me an appointment with a physiotherapist who is knowledgeable in the area of my pain is laughable. This is why I turned to this book to get help with the actual feelings of pain, as it is this which has put my life on hold and cannot be overcome by trying harder, doing a few exercises or sitting on a bench for five minutes on the way to the shops.The book also went very quickly through depression, anxiety and anger, suggesting they could be cured by a little exercise in positive thinking.
If you have a moderate form of common pain such as back pain and you are ready to accept that you will be in pain forever, then this book may be for you, but for someone young who wants to have a real future it was not much help at all.
As an aside I was surprised to see this book was written by women after looking at the diagrams of sexual positions at the back with the description 'these are very good for women'!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Health Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks