Outdoor Photographer's Landscape and Nature Photography: WITH Photoshop CS2 Paperback – 21 Apr 2006
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A beautifully presented guide...it’s easy to work your way through and experiment with the techniques." ( Photoshop Creative , August 2006)
From the Back Cover
It′s time to see Photoshop as a tool of your craft This book is not about "fixing it in Photoshop." It′s about how you, the serious nature photographer, can use technology to enhance your art. Rob Sheppard sees Photoshop not as an eraser for mistakes and the effects of careless shooting, but as an artist′s tool, one that assists you in the craft of producing art from your digital camera. He shows you how to use Photoshop CS2 to extend tonal range, remove color haze, correct lens distortions, create multi–frame panoramas, and so much more—all to reveal the work of art you knew was there all along. Learn to apply Photoshop techniques to the unique requirements of landscape and nature photography Be aware of correct exposure when shooting for Photoshop Use layers to enhance images and correct tonality and color for optimum images Discover a better way of dodging and burning Understand midtones and manage color correction with an eye to the finished product Process images twice in Camera Raw for better shadow and highlight detail Explore how Photoshop CS2 can support proven techniques used by the masters of traditional nature photography Photoshop offers great power for controlling color so you can get natural, realistic colors that best express what you see in nature Unsharp Mask is unmasked so that you can get the most from this powerful sharpening tool Utilize the best methods of black–and–white conversionSee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
What is unique about this book is that it explains Photoshop from a photographer's perspective. If you have ever developed and printed photographs, or admired the great landscape photographers like Ansel Adams, you will feel immediately at home with this book. The examples are clear, the steps to explain and educate are well paced and logically presented.
If I have any criticism I would like to have seen a larger section on printing, but as the author explains this is a big subject in itself - so Rob, get cracking on a book on printing, I can assure you of at least one sale!
For those who want to learn Photoshop to enhance their photos- don't look further.
I work with his approch now when I get time to manipulate my photos. I've really made a substantive improvemnt to images. The approach isn't one that only realtes to landscapes, its general.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation