Customer reviews

on 19 March 2017
I treated myself to this book after buying and loving Sewell's other books.
on 10 May 2017
A lovely, lovely, book. I like it so much I have bought the others in the series and they are all equally delightful.
on 4 May 2017
Excellent
on 16 June 2017
Lovely book
on 14 October 2013
I happened upon this book whilst on my honeymoon in Scotland. I looked at the back and saw the little wren described as "Roughly the size of a thimble but with a scold that could scorch the earth". This made me chuckle out loud as I too, have been "scorched" by a wren in the past.
This book really evokes a sense of pure joy in me -- I don't know if it's the beautiful illustrations or the humorous descriptions Matt Sewell writes, but he has done a superb job with this book and I will forever enjoy browsing through it.
on 29 January 2014
This really is the most beautiful book and I have enjoyed so much both the illustrations and the lovely descriptions that Matt gives to each of the songbirds. Saw the book for sale in a local book shop and found it then online considerably reduced -absolutely love it and it makes a lovely present to any bird lover.
on 2 June 2014
My son recommended this book and it doesn’t dissapoint.
This book is a very interesting and humorous take on Birds and their behaviour. Whilst the drawings may not be lifelike they do portray the birds characters perfectly; and are artworks in themselves.
Likewise the brief comments are true to form for those of us familiar with the ways of our feathered friends.
An essential coffee table book to put a smile on your face.
Would recommend this book as a great introduction for children to ornithology.
on 2 August 2013
Distinctive and enchanting, with a songbird for each week of the year, this delightful gift book will appeal to birders, children and adults, and art and design fans alike.
on 5 August 2013
This book and his others are absolutely lovely, the pictures are stunning and if he produced cards ai would buy them. The descriptions and charming. Love that I own one and have bought many as gifts which have also been loved.
on 13 April 2014
Amusing,informative & easy to handle.I,ve also bought Our Garden Birds for my 94 year old sister. She uses it to check on the birds that come to her window feeders.