OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5 - Night Sky
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Access to all buttons and features
- Silicone plugs provide coverage for ports
- Includes a self-adhering protective film
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5
- Stylish protection made for action
- 2-layer protection withstands drops, bumps and shocks
- Self-adhesive screen protector prevents scratches
- Port covers keep out dust and debris
- Slide easily in and out of pockets
Slim and Chic Meets Stylish Protection
The iPhone 5 is worthy of protection from a stylish and protective Commuter Series case. Because your iPhone is not just a smartphone — it’s a multi-layer protective solution for your most prized possession.
The Commuter Series for the new iPhone is for people who are always on the go with a million and one things to do (and looking fabulous while they do it). The Commuter Series’ sturdy, two-layer design withstands bumps and shock and slides easily in and out of pockets for a highly connected lifestyle.
OtterBox provides Protection For What’s Next.
- Full access to all the features and functions of the case, including all buttons, microphone and camera.
- The Commuter Series iPhone 5 case is sleek enough to slide into your pocket yet tough enough to toss into your bag.
- Built with two-layers of protection and an adhesive screen protector.
- A two-piece plastic inner-shell snaps together around the iPhone 5 to cushion it from mishaps such as drops or bumps
- A plastic screen protector is built in to the inner-shell to prevent scratches and smudges while still maintaining the sensitivity of the touchscreen
- The rubber outer layer wraps around the inner-shell and absorbs impact from drops and bumps
- Weight (with holster): 4 oz / 114 g
- Dimensions (with holster): 5.42 in. x 3.15 in. x 1.36 in. / 137.67 mm x 79.88 x 34.47 mm
- Dimensions (without holster): 5.32 in x 2.75 in x 0.64 in / 135.12 mm x 69.9 mm x 16.18 mm
1 Screen Protector
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
SCREEN PROTECTOR: As ever the screen protector is very difficult to get right. (I am yet to get any screen protector on perfectly, but this was the easiest to apply of all the others I have attempted).
COLOURING: We have bought two of these now (for my wife and mine) and the colouring each time is lighter than the photo. I can't fault the product on that, as you can never get colouring perfect in a picture. I do love the colour schemes. I have the night sky and it is a great combination.
BULK: It is bulky but it still fits in my pocket very easily and makes a very sound item to hold onto.
NOTE: One issue I have come across is that the charging port is restricted to the new style lightening connector only (adaptors that are the width of the old style connectors will not fit). Also there is no way it would fit in any kind of dock, but then I suspect that will be the case for almost any phone case anyway and I never use a dock so I don't have experience with that.
All in all, I love it. I wouldn't pick a different case.
I gave this to my nephew and ended up buying an OtterBox Reflex which is a lot more sleek
Both cases are of good quality and offer suitable protection, but it depends how bulky you want your case to be
Haven't had any accidents since putting my phone in the case but still happy that the phone is protected against scratches and bumps. It makes it look more rugged and manly too which doesn't hurt for a white "girly" iPhone!
Only thing I would improve on this case is the window for the apple logo, this is unnecessary in my opinion and there's a chance that the logo can get scratched because there's no protection at all here. So, cut out some of the included screen protector plastic and stick that on the back instead. I don't think it's needed on the front so long as you always keep your phone in a separate pocket to keys and coins and keep it screen down when on a table etc, I've never had a screen protector yet on any phone and never scratched any of the screens.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The quality of the cover where the hard and soft parts meet is not good, otherwise it does the job, but it's annoying.Published 10 months ago by Tor
The product protects your phone however is a bit flimsy in area's compared to the product for an iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4S. Read morePublished 12 months ago by santina
Was recommended an otterbox and I've had this item for 3 weeks, dropped my phone once and the screen cracked. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Phil
Quality cover well made really nice in the blue and navy good fast delivery 👍👍 from would highly recommend anyone with iPhone 5 to pick one these up 👍Published 17 months ago by john delaney