- Also check our best rated Iphone Case reviews
OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5 - Glacier
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Access to all buttons and features
- Silicone plugs provide coverage for ports
- Includes a self-adhering protective film
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5 - Glacier
OtterBox Commuter Series Two-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector for iPhone 5/5S/SE - Black
OtterBox Symmetry for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Black
Otterbox Commuter Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Glacier
OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S/SE - Glacier
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.co.uk||Hale Communications||ENV Outlet||Amazon.co.uk|
|Compatible Devices||Apple iPhone 5/5S||Apple iPhone 5||Apple iPhone 5/Apple iPhone 5 & 5S||Apple iPhone 6||iPhone 5,iPhone 5s,iPhone SE|
|Item Dimensions||1.41 x 6.53 x 12.97 cm||1.41 x 6.53 x 12.97 cm||6.4 x 13 x 1.4 cm||10.8 x 19.1 x 4.3 cm||7.62 x 16 x 3.81 cm|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
OtterBox Commuter Series for iPhone 5
- Stylish protection made for action
- 2-layer protection withstands drops, bumps and shocks
- Self-adhesive screen protector prevents scratches
- Port covers keep out dust and debris
- Slide easily in and out of pockets
Slim and Chic Meets Stylish Protection
The iPhone 5 is worthy of protection from a stylish and protective Commuter Series case. Because your iPhone is not just a smartphone — it’s a multi-layer protective solution for your most prized possession.
The Commuter Series for the new iPhone is for people who are always on the go with a million and one things to do (and looking fabulous while they do it). The Commuter Series’ sturdy, two-layer design withstands bumps and shock and slides easily in and out of pockets for a highly connected lifestyle.
OtterBox provides Protection For What’s Next.
- Full access to all the features and functions of the case, including all buttons, microphone and camera.
- The Commuter Series iPhone 5 case is sleek enough to slide into your pocket yet tough enough to toss into your bag.
- Built with two-layers of protection and an adhesive screen protector.
- A two-piece plastic inner-shell snaps together around the iPhone 5 to cushion it from mishaps such as drops or bumps
- A plastic screen protector is built in to the inner-shell to prevent scratches and smudges while still maintaining the sensitivity of the touchscreen
- The rubber outer layer wraps around the inner-shell and absorbs impact from drops and bumps
- Weight (with holster): 4 oz / 114 g
- Dimensions (with holster): 5.42 in. x 3.15 in. x 1.36 in. / 137.67 mm x 79.88 x 34.47 mm
- Dimensions (without holster): 5.32 in x 2.75 in x 0.64 in / 135.12 mm x 69.9 mm x 16.18 mm
1 Screen Protector
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not only is it very attractive but, it really does do the job of cushioned protection. Absolutely delighted with mine.
In my option the otterbox commuter gives great protection without being too chunky.
I often get people commenting on it and asking where I purchased it.
Yes, sometimes the outer shell has developed a crack in it. Chances are though is that these have occurred through wear and tear or the occasional drop out of my hand.
What would you rather, a crack in a £20 phone cover or a crack in your £500+ phone?
I known which I'd rather :)
The supplied screen protector is brilliant and is very resilient to scratches.
It is also one of the easiest I've applied without getting bubbles on the screen ( and I've had 4 cases )
Thanks otterbox, your cases have been great for me over the years.
The commuter is the less-rugged brother of the defender. The 2-layer case is a piece of cake to install, and the 2-tone grey/white style has had a few favourable comments from people that have seen it. The port covers on the bottom stop pocket lint from clogging up the openings when not in use, however these can be fiddly to open without nails and often require a bit of wiggling to get them to sit back flush after use.
The case comes with a screen protector and cleaning cloth. I always find the cloths never get all the dust off the screen and no amount of cleaning will stop you getting one bubble right in the middle. The protecter is easily knocked off at the edges when you replace the Otterbox cover so you can end up with corners that lift up. The coating on the protecter doesn't really last. After trying the push a bubble out of the cover with the cloth, I'd noticed some of the coating had come of leaving an "oily mark" on the middle of the screen. It's probably worth investing in a decent screen cover rather than using the one supplied.
There's 2 holes at the back of the phone. One for the camera and flash - only gripe here is there's no protection for the camera lens so watch out for keys. The other hole is so the Apple logo shows through. I personally would prefer it to be hidden as it looks slightly pretentious and exposes the back cover up to be scratched.
Solid case. Very sturdy.
Has handled a fair few knocks and drops without a problem.
Screen protector quality is poor
Holes at the back leave the cover/camera exposed to scratches
Adds a fair bit of bulk to a very slim phone.
Don't get me wrong it's a great case but for the price it should be as good as the previous cases.
The case comes in two segments, an internal soft shell and an external hard shell. It also includes a removable screen protector skin. You really need to take your time and really read through the instructions to get this right first time.
I got the white iPhone 5 and bought he white and grey otter box case, and the combination looks absolutely fantastic.
This case really does an excellent job of protecting the phone. Small lugs cover the recharge port and earphone jack, the extended edges around the phone screen mean that at whichever angle you drop the phone at, the screen will never make contact with a flat surface first, instead the protected edges will take the impact. The power button is easy to use with the additional cover. Its easy to take off and put back on.
I cannot fault this case, absolute top notch and would recommend it to anyone.
Most recent customer reviews