Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2005
I don't want to get into too much detail, because that would spoil your own reader experience.....basically, this is a 'must read'.
Take a weekend to chill out with this story of love, deceit, passion and revenge....it's an eye opener and will leave you feeling raw with emotion.
I read this on the Underground where I openly laughed, gasped and cried.
on 17 June 2015
What a tale! Of all the Dickey books I have purchased, this I have read twice and some I haven't even started/finished. It is the perfect balance of life, love, ambition and complications of the heart. With sensual scenes written to make the imagination wonder. Have leant it out since buying - and I struggle to get it back each time. Cannot recommend enough!
on 15 February 2005
Absolutely amazing book, but written in a totally different context than what you would be used to, if you've read dickey's books before. From the first page it is difficult to put down and it keeps you guessing on how and where is this 'other women' no matter how you and try predict the storyline, you never completely get it. It is told in a way that you would never imagine and without giving away the storyline - taken from one of dickey's previous books 'cheaters' you can not become aware of the game and not participate yourself! Read the book to find out what that means! Also, we also have a visit from Kimberly Chavers from MIMC. Set a specific time for this book as once you've turned the 1st page there is no going back!!
on 22 August 2004
I am not one of EJD's fans but after reading this astonding book I have just become one. This book has a risky edge and does not have any conventional elements at all. EJD has taken cheating on another spouse to a whole different level, EJD makes it a thriller rather than a love story that falls apart. Due to this uniqueness we are given the chance to decide who we side with in the tunnel of revenge in the book, we are not propagated to one character or made to like another. The storyline is very strong, nothing is imitated and we are allowed to foretell what may happen, which isn't the same with other books based on adultery.
I salut you EJD, you done magnificently well.
on 10 April 2004
This book was so good it took me 11 hours to read and i only put it down to eat and for bathroom breaks. I have read all of EJD books and each one is better than the last.
This one for me tops the lot, but don't take my word for it, get a copy and read it yourself.
I actually felt like i knew the characters, was in the room when all the scenes were played, the end surprised me, it wasn't what i expected to happen.
This book is very well written, it made me laugh out loud and cry, by the end of the book i felt i knew freckles so well, i'd lost a friend
on 27 February 2004
This is by far in my opinion Eric's best book.....I became so engrossed in the story that I did not put the book down until I had finished it. The story line is great and the unexpected twists left me speechless. I very rarely lend out books but this is one that I am insisting all my friends read...male and female alike..if you liked/loved any of Eric's other books (and I have read them all) you will totally lose yourself in "the Other Women"
on 2 June 2004
This is the first EJD book that i have read! I've seen his books around, but never been inspired to actually buy one. I'm sure glad that i went out on a limb to get this one though. It's a tale of marriage, lies, deceit, and revenge! you will not want to put this book down. a must-read!!!!
on 22 September 2010
WOW. this book was brilliant. wen i bought it i cud not put it down. a must read. i took it everywhere i went and read on the train n bus. Eric is amazing. he tells these stories like he is in the minds of these characters.

An amazing book!!
on 17 November 2004
An amazing novel which I simply couldn't put down, EJD is such a talented writer. The characters breathe so much realism, and he manages to captures the woman's point of view sooooooo accurately. Definitely read this book. I can't wait to start Friends and Lovers also by him!!!!
on 2 March 2008
My sister borrowed this book from the library, after she finished reading it she insisted I read it too. This is the first book i've read by Mr Eric Jerome Dickey and it will not be my last. This book is a brilliant read and a perfect introduction to this authors work. From the minute I opened this book I could not put it down, the unexpected twists and turns it takes you on is just like one exciting rollercoaster ride! I've just started reading Milk in my coffee now and have bought my mum a copy of The Other Woman as a gift as it is a definate must read.