Customer reviews

Orlind: Book Three of the Draykon Series: Volume 3
Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 September 2012
*Spoilers*

Orlind is the final instalment of the Draykon series, a fantasy trilogy that follows the adventures of two main characters: Landry Sanfear and Eva Glostrum. The series is more of a fantasy mystery than an epic and charts the story of how the accidental discovery of a gemstone called istore leads to the rebirth of a race of beasts thought long extinct and a cosmic power struggle to control them that spans three worlds.

I enjoyed Orlind. It was an entertaining read and tied up all the loose ends of the trilogy. The author is very good at creating characters and relationships that come alive. I liked how Landry has developed from a shy, insecure girl to a powerful young woman. I also enjoyed the relationship between Eva and Tren and its evolution through the books. The story flits between several different worlds, with characters and plot lines going on in each. This could easily become confusing but the author handles it in such a way that I never felt overwhelmed by the jumps in time and space. There is a mix of fantasy and science elements in the story and they worked really well together.

There were a couple of things that didn't quite work for me. First, Devarry. He's quite an enigmatic character in the first book and the amount of airtime he's given led me to think he'd be important. He isn't, really. I would have liked to see him play a larger role. Secondly, the relationship between Landry and Pensould. Pensould, is, at the end of the day, a dragon. And Landry is going to be his mate. Hmm. I know both can flit between human and dragon form and all that but it just didn't quite work for me.

Overall though, this is a cracking series. It's well written, funny and exciting. Give it a whirl, you'll be glad you did.
on 30 April 2012
This is the final book of the Draykon trilogy - if you haven't read the earlier books, start with Draykon, which is a fantastic and sweet fantasy adventure. If you loved the first two Draykon books as much as I did, I think you'll find this a perfect ending, which neatly wraps up various plot lines and mysteries from the first two books. It made me laugh, and it made me cry, and I didn't want to put it down until I finished. A perfect end to the trilogy - though I still hope there will be more from these characters in other stories.
on 8 June 2013
Enjoyed all three books in this series and there was a good continuous story line in each book. Got to know and like a number of the key characters in the series, with a mixture of sad and happy times throughout the ongoing tale.

Having read a number of stories/books by Charlotte E. English, which I have enjoyed very much, I would be happy to download more onto my Kindle.

Would definitely recommend this book to others who like this type of read.
on 21 September 2012
This is the last instalment of the Draykon trilogy and I have to say I wasnt disappointed. There are some trilogy's where the author rushes to the end, missing bits out and other such rubbish. None of that here, everything was tied up wonderfully and in a fast pace that wasnt at all rushed, just that there was so much going on! I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it!
on 27 July 2013
At one point a significant character dies and I suddenly realised the problem with this series of books, I do not have any feelings for any of the characters. It is a shame as the books are well written, the material is familiar yet new and the plot lines are well done. A good book but I am afraid one I will not remember later.
on 19 August 2013
Satisfactory ending to this trilogy of books. The characters who were introduced in the first two books continue their journey and at last confront the villain of the piece. Quite a good read and would recommend but you will have to read the first two books in the series first.
on 3 April 2014
Having now read all 3 of these books, they were surprising i really did not want to give them a chance because the 2nd book cover looked like a female teenage romance novel, however i was wrong and i really enjoyed them and i read all 3. A good read for all ages.
on 12 September 2014
After getting the first book in the series for free via BookBub, I bought book 2 straight away, immediately followed by book 3. If you're a reader of Fantasy genre, buy it. Buy 'em all. Then clear a day in your calendar to read 'em all at once.
on 11 September 2013
Absolutely loved the whole series... a fabulous work of fantasy literature, use of imagery in the series is fantastic. Repeat earlier review....loved whole series, fantasy is one of my fav reads...mystical, adventure, recommend. DMH
on 31 January 2015
All I can say is that I'm devastated that it's over. Bloody excellent! I would definitely recommend this series. Loved it! And now for the "I've just finished a brilliant trilogy and have no idea what to read next" depression...