Customer reviews

Original Spider-Man - Season 1, Volume 1 [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 28 July 2017
My 4 year old grandson loves it! He does not like the modern version at all but he will sit and watch this DVD quite happily.
on 13 October 2011
I enjoyed singing along to theme music with young sons. Nice fun easy cartoon for youngsters to watch, not dark like most comic book animations on tv now.
on 4 October 2017
Original Spiderman is the best
worth buying
on 30 March 2017
Good action well made animated cartoon
on 6 June 2012
I bought this for my 2 year old and 4 year old who love being super heros like spiderman but had never seen the cartoon and are too young for the modern films. The episodes are just short enough to keep them interested and it is dated (as expected) but just what I'd hoped for - they love it, and I must admit, I quite enjoyed it too.
on 21 January 2015
Was used like new but the original packaging was intact, so they were sealed unopened cases.
on 6 July 2014
good
on 28 October 2010
Great to see the original cartoon series again after all these years; it was always on TV in the 70s. The first series is especially good as it uses some of the better known villains from the Marvel comic books such as Doc Oc (see cover), Lizard and Sandman. Fabulous incidental jazz themes throughout and THAT title song! I've docked it a star as the back cover promised a booklet which was missing from my copy, which was sealed, so this could be common. Content is *****, though. Sssssst! P.S. The complete first season is now available as a 3 DVD box set.
on 8 January 2013
I bought this for my five year old spiderman fan having been concerned that the modern day cartoons and films were just too dark for his little mind. I wasnt disapointed. These very old cartoon episodes of Spiderman are not really for adults though the odd one is amusing but they I would imagine appeal to young children like my own. They are harmless and fun with little to scare a small child while providing the action every super hero loves. So glad I found these its kept my son quiet for a few years until he is old enough to watch more modern versions
on 28 May 2014
My four-year-old twin boys love this. Superhero cartoons are not all suitable for children, particularly younger ones. It takes a bit of careful research to find something for the age of your children. I had not realised this was as PG before it arrived, so I was a bit wary. However, there is only one episode that one of them found a little frightening (The Power of Dr Octopus) but only mildly. Otherwise, they watch it avidly. I will be getting the rest in the series, if only because it helps one of the boys pronounce Spiderman properly (rather than 'piderman - he seems to have some trouble with the 'sp' sound).