Orientalism (Concepts in the Social Sciences)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Ziauddin Sardar is a writer, cultural critic and editor of the prestigious journal Futures. He is the author of the classic studies The Future of Muslim Civilisation (Mansell, 1979) and Islamic Futures: The Shape of Ideas to Come (1985). His most recent books include Barbaric Others: A Manifesto on Western Racism (Pluto, 1993), Introducing Cultural Studies (Icon, 1997) and Postmodern and the Other (Pluto, 1998). He is also Visiting Professor of Postcolonial Studies, Department of Art Policy and Management, City University. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology