on 1 December 2012
The book gave me a hard time when I had to read it and find information that was related to our lectures... there are a lot of good examples but the theoretical parts are not good - for that you need another book in order to understand the theory behind
on 1 February 2013
I both agree and disagree with the above comments. I agree this book should not be used as a core text book on a management/HR uni. course but I disagree it is a standard text book. I believe it is essential top-up reading to the standard OB textbooks and provides an interesting and challenging view on the standard subjects without the need for over referencing.

Each chapter of this book can be read on its own, in any order but unusually for a text book is best read cover to cover as a standard book. Readers/students may not learn any earth shattering new theories but it will make you stop and reflect.
on 13 July 2016
This is a book with a great many links to other academic sources - it looks like a real winner for students who are interested in research and the subject's interdisciplinary content.
on 9 February 2006
I used this book for my first year undergraduate Business Studies degree and it has been one of the best that I have. The language is slightly more technical but it gives definitions so that the reader still understands the concepts. I found that of all the books I had, this was the one that I actually enjoyed reading and it was the most useful for my exam by providing relevant quotes and the further reading tips are fantastic.
Would definitely recommend!!!
on 16 May 2013
Great condition. As for the content: very helpful and wide range. Perfect for university Business courses. (Did mine at Dundee University).
on 28 October 2009
Typical text book, what you can expect from OB and Work. Good as a first approach text.
on 13 January 2016
great book for my studies
on 18 May 2015