- Save 20% each on Qualifying items offered by Real Mushrooms Europe when you purchase 5 or more. Enter code RMBULK20 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 15% each on Qualifying items offered by Real Mushrooms Europe when you purchase 4 or more. Enter code RMBULK15 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% each on Qualifying items offered by Real Mushrooms Europe when you purchase 3 or more. Enter code RMBULK10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by Real Mushrooms Europe when you purchase 2 or more. Enter code RMBULK05 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Also check our best rated Food Supplement reviews
Organic Reishi Mushroom Extract by Real Mushrooms - 60 Capsules - Ganoderma Lucidum / Ling Zhi - Immune Booster
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- POTENT 15:1 REISHI MUSHROOM EXTRACT POWDER: Every 2 capsules is equivalent to 15 grams of reishi mushroom. Made exclusively from 100% log grown, organic reishi mushrooms. These fruiting bodies are hand picked and dual extracted with hot water and alcohol to make the best extract possible. Extraction makes both the beneficial beta-glucans, triterpenes, plus thousands of other nutrients from the mushroom more bioavailable to us.
- WHY EXTRACTS: The bulk of the scientific research on medicinal mushrooms and traditional use is based on extracts from the mushroom (fruiting body). Extraction breaks down the mushroom cell wall to allow our bodies to access these beneficial compounds. Real Mushrooms strictly uses extracts to be consistent with the research so you can be confident in obtaining the benefits of medicinal mushrooms. Un-extracted mushroom products are largely indigestible to us.
- WITH REISHI BITTER IS BETTER: When it comes to reishi, you want it to taste bitter. Bitterness is a key quality indicator of reishi. The bitterness comes from the beneficial triterpene compounds that develop through the mushroom's interaction with the wood it grows on. Many reishi products do not taste bitter and this is a clear indication that they do not contain these beneficial triterpene compounds. Our product contains >4% triterpenes and you can taste the bitterness.
- GUARANTEED POTENCY: Real Mushrooms Reishi 415 is guaranteed by analytical testing to have the active, medicinal compounds scientifically shown to boost your immune system. Our extract contains >15% Beta-glucans, >4% triterpenes and <5% Starch. Beta-glucans are the main active, most well researched, medicinal compound in reishi. We measure beta-glucans specifically because polysaccharides numbers include starch, so polysaccharide testing yields a false sense of quality.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If for some reason, you are not satisfied with our mushroom extract powders we provide a no-hassle no-questions-asked refund. Just contact us directly with your order number and we'll happily provide you with a full refund.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Safety Information:These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a physician if you are pregnant or nursing; have or had a medical condition, or are taking prescription drugs. If you have any adverse effects to the product, stop taking the product immediately and consult your physician.
Ingredients:Dual Extracted Organic Reishi Mushrooms. No grain, mycelium, excipients or fillers.
Directions:For use as a dietary supplement. Adults take 2 capsules per day.
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Real Mushrooms - Reishi Extract 415
At Real Mushrooms we pride ourselves on knowing that our mushroom products are of the highest quality. Our Reishi 415 is made from 100%, log grown, certified organic, Reishi mushrooms (fruiting bodies). They are hot water extracted to pull out the beta-glucans. In the case of Reishi, it is also important to extract with alcohol to obtain the non-water soluble triterpenes. This is commonly called dual extraction.
Now available in easy to use capsules
After starting with bulk powders for use in coffee, tea, smoothies, shakes and any of your other favorite food, we've created capsules to make it easier to consume your mushrooms where ever you are.
Guaranteed Potency - Scientifically Verified
We test specifically for beta-glucans and triterpenes as these are the most well researched, beneficial compounds in Reishi. We also test for starch which is used to show that our products contain no fillers of any kind, Just 100% pure mushrooms. If other brands only list polysaccharide numbers, make sure to ask them for beta-glucan and starch numbers. This helps to determines product quality as there is a vast difference in quality between brands.
The Reishi mushroom has been revered in China for thousands of years and is utilized in Traditional Chinese Medicine as an immune system booster. Today it is widely cultivated using wood logs in shade houses. Scientific research for Reishi mushroom activity began in the 1970s in China and Japan. Scientists discovered highly active beta-glucans with the ability to potentiate innate immunity by activating immune cells. Also discovered were secondary metabolites called triterpenoids which were present in significant amounts and sets Reishi apart from all the other medicinal mushrooms.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Not to mention, this is certified organic, which to me is extremely important. We need third party verification of the cleanliness of what we put in our body, especially in the pesticide-happy USA.
So, let me get this out of the way first. I had a bit of an issue with one of the claims in the product description and brought it to the company's rep for answers. They have an image that reported that their extract is made from actual mushroom fruiting bodies (the part of the above ground part of the mushroom that we traditionally think of AS a mushroom is actually the fruit or aka fruity body) while other brands sometimes use ground up mycelium (the body of the mushroom, not the fruit)....
As someone who does this as a hobby I was immediately concerned about this. Surely this could not be true. To sell ground mycelium as a mushroom product, ESPECIALLY for medicinal purposes, is COMPLETELY unethical and misleading IMO. It's tantamount to selling a jar of apple wood sawdust and calling it apple sauce because it came from the same plant. The vast majority of the beneficial compounds in almost all mushrooms is found in the fruiting bodies.
I thought surely this must be misleading advertising on the part of REAL Mushrooms... So, i went several rounds back and forth with their wonderful customer relations team and then I went and did my own research. What do you know... This happens a LOT. Even one of my favorite and trusted brands apparently does this with one of their key ingredients. They're basically selling metaphorical sawdust. I was appalled.
In contrast I got in-depth about the extraction process that REAL Mushrooms uses with their suppliers. They use both a hot water and alcohol extraction to get both the water and alcohol soluble compounds out of the mushroom mass and then put it through a process to convert that extract to powder. That is exactly how I would want it done. you get all of the potency concentrated down into a manageable package. They also don't bind their extract to a carrier or filler such as starch, which is even better. That raises the medicinal value and potency you get from this extract exponentially graham for graham.
This is a small package that seems expensive for the weight, but you're getting a tremendous about of value. If I were to guess I would imagine that 1 tsp of this stuff is equivalent to several pounds of actual mushroom fruit as far as the active chemical components. The company might have a more accurate conversion as this is just a guess based on their process as described to me. Wild reishi goes for between $10 and $50 per pound so you do the math. :)
Ok, so there's no getting around it. Reishi is bitter. It's got a complex earthy bouquet but it's also mildly bitter. The aroma reminds me a bit of beef bouillon cubes but more floral. The bitter notes are not overpowering at all IMO. Overall the flavor is very rich and earthy. That bitter note is one of the ways to tell it's authentic because the actual mushroom itself is bitter because of those same beneficial chemical compounds. Because this is super concentrated it's got the same properties...
However, I honestly found the taste great, especially when mixed with my coffee. It added a deep rich earthy note to my coffee and the bitter notes just sort of disappeared into the coffee. I think it pairs very well with coffee even if you were just adding it JUST for the flavor. It was down right yummy.
The powder doesn't readily dissolve in water because they also use an alcohol extraction to get all of the goodness out of the fruit so I recommend mixing about a tsp with a little coffee first, mixing vigorously and then pouring that into your mug/cup. It just seems to work out better. I have not tried it in teas or smoothies yet, but I imagine the flavor would likely almost completely disappear in a fruit smoothie and if paired with a nice earthy tea it would probably go nicely.
About Reishi Mushrooms:
For those that aren't aware, Reishi mushrooms have been used for literally thousands of years in chinese and japanese herbal medicine. They're revered for their "life prolonging" properties. Recent scientific testing has identified the active compounds primarily as triferpenes (ganoderic acids) which are mild antihistamines (improves allergy tolerances), improve oxygen utilization and liver function. Especially when taken regularly Reishi has been shown to enhance immune function and blood circulation, help with anxiety, high blood pressure, hepatitis symptoms and even insomnia and asthma. Recent research has also pointed toward Rishi being effective at at dealing with tumor growth.
**I received this product at a discounted rate for my honest and unbiased review. This opinion is 100% based on my own experience and research with this product
Then I went on a business trip for a week and didn't use any during that time, or the following week, and my dermatitis/eczema returned. I got back onto adding it to my coffee this week and, holy smokes, my skin is starting to improve again.
As a results orientated kind of guy, I'm sold on continuing to use this product for the foreseeable future.
I do wish the manufacturer also provided this extract in capsule form for convenience. This powder is very bitter (which is good... it should be if it's potent) and is not a pleasant addition to beverages. I've taken to mixing in a little water and taking like a shot of medicine.