- Also check our best rated Food Supplement reviews
Organic Chia Seeds - Natural Complete Protein Source 50g FREE UK Delivery
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Dark Chia Seeds - Salvia hispanica. Produce of Bolivia.
- Nothing Added - No artificial colours, preservatives, or added sugar.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
Chia Seed Nutritional Benefits
- Chia typically contains 20% protein - including all essential amino acids.
- A-Z of vitamins and minerals - A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, D, E, K and folic acid.
- Rich in - calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, phosphorous, potassium, silicon, sodium, strontium, sulphur and zinc.
- The ORAC value (antioxidant strength) for chia is higher than some berries at a score of over 10,000.
- High in dietary fibre - 1 tablespoon of chia seed can provide approximately 5g of fibre.
- High in omega-3 essential fatty acids containing more natural alpha-linolenic than any other seed.
- Unlike other grain crops such as oats, chia seeds are low in carbohydrates.
- Natural Appetite Suppressant - seeds absorb up to 12 times their weight in water and are digested slowly, so you feel fuller for longer.
How to use
Chia seeds have a light nutty taste, making them easy to add to recipes. Our ground chia seeds can be sprinkled on salads and cereals, added to smoothies and fruit juices, mixed into soups and stews, and used in baking. Chia is especially useful as a thickening agent.
If you have an allergy to sesame or mustard seeds then avoid consuming chia seeds
High level of omega-3 - may not be suitable for those taking blood pressure medication or blood thinners.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|