The Ordeal of Ivor Gurney (Oxford Paperbacks) Paperback – 1 Sep 1984
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael Hurd was born in Gloucester in 1928 and read music at Pembroke College, Oxford. A pupil of Sir Thomas Armstrong and Dr Bernard Rose, he also studied composition with Sir Lennox Berkeley. He was Professor of Theory at the Royal Marines School of Music from 1953 to 1960 before working as a freelance composer and author. He is principally known for his choral music, which included large-scale works for chorus and orchestra, as well as his eighteen published books, including biographies of Vaughan Williams, Elgar and Mendelssohn. He died in 2006. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Novelists, Poets & Playwrights
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Classical Music
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Poetry & Poets
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Poetry > By Period > 20th Century
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Poetry > World > British