- Paperback: 926 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne; Pap/Cdr edition (1 Oct. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072257903
- ISBN-13: 978-0072257908
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 4.6 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,748,652 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Oracle Database 10g OCP Certification All-In-One Exam Guide (Oracle Press) Paperback – 1 Oct 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The Most Authoritative OCA/OCP Exam Guide Available
Prepare to pass the OCA and OCP Oracle Database 10g certification exams with help from this Oracle Press guide. With complete coverage of all the material on Exam #1Z0-042 Oracle Database 10g: Administration I and Exam #1Z0-043 Oracle Database 10g: Administration II, this book covers everything you need to know to pass both exams. Inside, you’ll find helpful exam tips, hundreds of practice questions, and real-world exercises. This comprehensive guide serves as both a study tool and an on-the-job reference. Get full details on all exam objectives, including how to:
- Install Oracle Database 10g and create a database
- Use SQL, SQL*Plus, iSQL*Plus, and PL/SQL
- Create and manage database user accounts
- Configure Oracle Networking
- Manage shared servers
- Monitor, tune, and troubleshoot a database
- Handle database backup, restore, and recovery
- Use Oracle Recovery Manager and Oracle Flashback
- Configure and manage security
- Use Automatic Storage Management and Resource Manager
- Automate administrative tasks
Included on the CD-ROM
About the Author
Damir Bersinic (Mississauga, Ontario), OCP, MCSE, MCSDBA, MCT, is an Infrastructure Consultant with Trecata Corporation, a system integration consultancy in Toronto, Canada. He has more than 20 years of industry experience and has authored a number of titles on Oracle, SQL Server, Active Directory and Windows. His credits include multiple exam preparation titles Oracle and Microsoft certification programs. His most recent title, Portable DBA: SQL Server has sold more than 1800 units in the two months since publication and has a 5-star ranking on Amazon.
John Watson (South Africa) OCP DBA 8.0, 8.i, & 9i, Internet Application Server Administrator, and certified on Managing Oracle on Unix, is a senior consultant with BLP management Consultants in South Africa. He has taught for Oracle University in South Africa for four years. John taught the DB10g New Features course, the DB10g Manageability and Performance seminars, he validated hundreds of OCP 10g New Features exam questions and contributed to the course material for all the 10g courses. John is the author of numerous articles on technology.
Top Customer Reviews
For my OCP exams I was in a hurry and I didn't really have time to go through any other materials. Still I cleared both exams very easily with the sole help of this book.
The authors really know their subject and have done a very good job. One of the best Oracle Press Books I have come across.
Beware the test exams on the disc. Mine were labelled incorrectly, with the OCA listed as being the OCP and vice versa.
I also used the Sybex books on the course and these too had their good and bad points. Much more command line stuff but a few typo errors that could cause an incorrect answer.
A good tool to aid study but not 5 stars in my mind.
The included quiz and exam software has errors and incorrect answers (according to the book, which also contradicts itself a couple of times) and seemed of medium quality in terms of content.
Why-o-why no errata for either book or software?!
Anyway, a pass is a pass and 2 weeks' work with this book did it for me without yet attending an Oracle course since 8i (so no OCP for me).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is certainly a book for the 10g OCA, OCP certification. It covers Administration I and II and helps the reader learn in an easy manner. Read morePublished on 2 Oct. 2009 by ANTONIOS "Tonis" TSAVDARIS
Coming from an oop background, I'm not hugely impressed because there is only 1 diagram in this book and it's a rubbish one. Read morePublished on 3 July 2009 by jazzdup
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Oracle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Oracle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon