- Paperback: 421 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education (1 Dec. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 007146509X
- ISBN-13: 978-0071465090
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.2 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
2,635,309 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #785 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Databases > Applications > Oracle
- #2728 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- #3221 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- See Complete Table of Contents
Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook (Oracle Press) Paperback – 1 Dec 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Very clear, concise and well laid out. Includes screen shots, diagrams and
command line code...a good handbook
-- Oraclehome.co.uk, March 2007
From the Back Cover
Learn to Implement Oracle Real Application Clusters Technology from the Ground Up
Maximize database availability, scalability, and efficiency using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and the in-depth information contained in this Oracle Press guide. Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook explains RAC concepts, administration, tuning, and troubleshooting. Inside, you'll learn how to prepare and create Oracle RAC databases and servers, and automate administrative tasks. You'll also get full coverage of cutting-edge Oracle RAC diagnostic tools, backup and recovery procedures, performance tweaks, and custom application design strategies.
- Install, configure, and administer Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters
- Use Automatic Storage Management and manage the disk groups
- Administer Oracle RAC databases and instances, and manage the Services voting disk
- Implement workload management, intelligent load balancing, and Transparent Application Failover (TAF)
- Execute RAC backup and recovery operations
- Analyze and tune performance using AWR and AWR reports
- Understand the internals of lock and resource management in RAC
- Troubleshoot Oracle RAC databases with LMON traces, LMD traces, and alert logs
- Design and debug applications that run on Oracle Real Application Clusters See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
In this book RAC internals are presneted in such a way that DBA new to Oracle world can also understand and digest the knowledge shared by author.
I have used this book as a reference for couple of my porjects for 10g RAC. The best I found in this book is Part 1 and Part 4 (GRD and Cache Fusion), the examples to show how cache fusion and synchronization of data works.
Definately this book is one of the other best books on my desk.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
If you are new to RAC - First dig a little bit on ASM too "Oracle Automatic Storage Management: Under-the-Hood & Practical Deployment Guide (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)"
I strongly recommend this book (Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook)
I especially like the section on Cache Fusion and how locking works with Oracle 10g RAC and OPS.
My only request is that it covered more details on command line utilities but other books cover that so not that big of a deal.
It really is the guru internals guide to RAC for consultants!
I have the other book by Gopal on Oracle 10g Wait tuning and that is a great tech reference as well.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Oracle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon