Pro Oracle Application Express (Expert's Voice in Oracle) Paperback – 16 Sep 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Edward Scott has been using Oracle since version 7 (around 1993) and has used pretty much every release since then. He has had the good fortune to work on a wide range of projects for a varied group of clients. He was lucky enough to start working with Oracle Application Express when it was first publicly released, and has worked with it nearly every day since (and loves it) . John is an Oracle ACE and was named Application Express Developer of the Year 2006 by Oracle Magazine. He is also the cofounder of ApexEvangelists (http: www.apex-evangelists.com) , a company that specializes in providing training,
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book has taken a long time to make it to print, but is worth the wait; whilst there are plenty of on-line resources to get you started with Apex, this book takes you through the next steps in depth. It is really well written and easy to read, with clear and useful example code throughout.
If you use, or are looking into using Apex, then this book is a must.
If you're a seasoned 'vet' in the APEX world or just starting out, you NEED this book.
It is crammed with insight and real-world examples into the key foundations that will make your APEX Application Development efforts a success.
I strongly feel that you guys need an online magazine supplement to this book to enable you provide more examples of the application features.
Something along the lines of the online Oracle Magazine supplements.
Your updates to the book can simply come from a collection of the finer points in the online supplement.
Would recommend it to anyone who's ready to go beyond the basics.
If you are looking for a book to guide you through professional level Oracle Application Express development then this is an excellent resource. If you are looking for a beginners' guide to the same (or indeed tips for the perfect Lasagne) you would be best advised to look elsewhere.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I don't what audience this book would suit.
There is very little explanation about the standard use of APEX. Read more
An enjoyable book which covers many of the more advanced features of Application Express. Some of the examples could do with more fleshing out and more detailed explanation, but... Read morePublished on 5 Oct. 2010 by Vinny
I have learned things from this book, but I feel the book lacks
a totally independent peer-review to iron out the mistakes and
the gaps in the flow of information. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Database Design & Theory
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Oracle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture