Oracle 11g: PL/SQL Programming Paperback – 12 Sep 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1. Introduction to PL/SQL. 2. Basic PL/SQL Block Structures. 3. Handling Data in PL/SQL Blocks. 4. Cursors and Exception Handling. 5. Procedures. 6. Functions. 7. PL/SQL Packages. 8. Dependencies, Privileges, and Compilation. 9. Database Triggers. 10. Oracle-Supplied Packages, Dynamic SQL, and Hiding Source Code. APPENDIXES. A. Tables for the Brewbean's Database. B. Oracle Installation and Using Oracle SQL Developer. ONLINE APPENDIXES. C. TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers). D. Statement Tuning. E. SQL*Loader Utility. F. An Introduction to Object Technology. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Joan E. Casteel combines more than 15 years of hands-on experience in application development in various business environments with strong teaching skills to clarify important application and software concepts for today's readers. An award-winning instructor, Ms. Casteel serves as associate professor of information technology and business at Tidewater Community College, where she has been an integral part of the Database Specialist curriculum. She has joined a newly formed team at the college in charge of building a campus ID card program to encompass four campuses, using a recently deployed Oracle-based system. In addition the team is developing new Oracle APEX applications to improve college-wide financial services support. Ms. Casteel has been recognized by her colleagues for her professional accomplishments, including creating an Oracle virtual machine image for students and handling recruitment efforts for database specialist career studies. Ms. Casteel is the author of two successful books on Oracle from Course Technology, part of Cengage Learning, covering SQL and PL/SQL which serve as the introductory course sequence in the college's database career path.