on 14 November 2014
Spent a long time looking at reviews and which model would be the most suitable. This was straight out of the Box - used the remote and menu to set up and working inside 2 minutes a big and very bright but pin sharp image for my PowerPoint presentations.

This is 2700 Lumens and as I give a lot of daytime bright light presentations a bright and clear projection was essential. I had borrowed a colleagues top of the range Mini hand sized projector for a presentation before this and it was only bright enough when the curtains were drawn in the Hotel room and the lights off.(70 Lumens I think?)

Great buy for the price
on 26 July 2014
This is a great entry level projector. I use this mainly for showing films from DVDs through my laptop or live steaming programmes from the web and it is the first projector I have purchased. I have it about 3m20cm away from the projection wall (just a wall painted white, not a screen) and image is approx. 165cm wide by x 125cm high, which is plenty large enough for us. It is a great alternative to a large tv screen, which would take up much more room in the lounge and which we did not want. The only small qualms would be with the noise - when nothing is playing, the fan is audible - and also the cropping of the computer screen to fit in with the projector resolution. These are minors however, and for the price (I paid £199.99) I am very happy with my purchase.
on 21 November 2014
Perfect entry level projector for me as a trainer. Plug and play - it really is that simple. So many people have commented on how clear and bright the image is. Really pleased with it
on 4 April 2015
I bought a similar Optomo DLP projector from Amazon some years ago for £450. It failed last year -I think the bulb blew but I'm not sure. Rather than risk £130 on a new bulb I spent £195 on a whole new projector. I'm very happy with it. The previous one had several controls on the top and it was often a struggle to get it to find the computer it was plugged into. This one has a single button on top and that's the power switch. It finds the computer all by itself, which is a relief.
on 16 September 2014
Having owned an earlier model Optoma I had no problem replacing with another Optoma. I view this on a 150 inch screen and have no issues with the home cinema experience. Connected to a freeview TV receiver incorporated within a DVD player, we can watch excellent quality big screen films and TV. Rugby on a 150 inch screen, in your own home, is well worth it. I use a standard roller blind but if you choose one make sure it is a blackout blind or the outside light will show through. Not a problem if you have very thick curtains or it is dark outside. Quality if picture is similar to early plasma screen but not up to the latest super definition. All in all, money well spent and if you are into gaming, big screen, stereo blasting out. What more can I say.
on 15 November 2014
This is the second Optoma machine I have purchased for clubs. The first one was very impressive and this one is just as good. An excellent product.
on 28 July 2015
After looking around on the internet for hours I finally found this projector that was really good. This projector has never stopped working. I use it for watching films and use it around once every few days. The settings menu is simple and holds a lot of options for colour. You can take certain colours out of the picture all together (say if you were projecting on to a green wall). This is really useful. All functions (other than turning on and off) are on the remote control so if you loose that, you cannot adjust major settings with the projector. The resolution is nice and you can only see the pixels if you really look at the screen. The zoom and focus are easy to use and the channel scan on the remote is very handy to have. This projector was well worth what I paid for it! This was a very good purchase.
on 14 November 2014
This is really good, really easy to use. Very bright so allows showing films and presentations without closing blinds.
on 18 August 2014
Great picture quality even with lights on!!
on 3 February 2015
Great, not too noisy to disturb but it is noticeable! Tried using an MHL connector with my MHL enabled phone but it didn't work with it which is a shame as the cable isn't faulty with a monitor!